Geek Squad and Yahoo! Partnership Celebrates Our 1 Year Anniversary

by Geek Squad Agent on ‎10-17-2013 03:31 PM - last edited on ‎07-27-2016 04:03 PM by Geek Squad Agent (2,345 Views)

As “Knowledge Partners,” our Agents draw on their years of diagnostic training and experience to answer questions in the Computers & Internet category Yahoo’s online information community. Aside from furthering our mission to keep the streets safe from technological evil, our partnership in this effort allows us to build trust with our clients and continue to be that knowledgeable friend next door.

The team started by answering fairly simple, FAQ-type questions like “How can I tell my LCD is cracked?” or “What do I do when I spill liquid on my PC?” We are now handling more complex questions about Mac and PC desktops, laptops and tablets. The team also fields questions about home networking issues. We are also handling some questions that come to the community about mobile audio systems.

Our Yahoo! Knowledge Partner team has now grown to 25 Agents and draws its power from all walks of Geek Squad. The team includes covert (online) support agents, repair center technicians, precinct and counter agents, as well as auto-techs. Out of 283 questions our team has handled so far, more than half of the answers have been selected as “best answers” by the asker or by other users.

Have a tech question you need some help with? Hop over to Answers.Yahoo.Com and ask a question in the Computers & Internet category. Your question just might be answered by a Geek Squad Agent.

Agent Kate B is a 3-year veteran of Geek Squad, currently on assignment at Geek Squad City. Follow Agent Kate on Twitter @AgentKateB.

Geek Squad Videos

Visit our Channel on   

Labels