Breaking Old Tech Habits is Hard to Do (But necessary)

by Geek Squad Agent on ‎08-23-2013 03:36 PM (2,107 Views)

And it works… for a while. But then I get in a hurry, skip the flossing a couple times, forget to brush on occasion…  and next thing I know, I’m frantically flossing my teeth and hoping my gums will stop bleeding before I go in for a cleaning that morning. (In the end, the bad habits have won again.)

As many a wise mother has said, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions.” Just wanting to change my bad habits isn’t getting the job done. I need to remember the reasons why I am trying to establish the good dental care habits (getting my teeth and gums scraped, the tsk-tsking) when I start the slide into my old bad habits. There’s a benefit to avoiding bad habits. Keeping the benefits at the forefront gives the good habits a chance against the bad ones.

The same can be said for eliminating bad tech habits. Many of us take our electronic devices for granted, get absorbed in our screens and forget that how we interact with our technology has a direct impact on how often we have to replace it. A little reminder of why good tech habits matter should help all of us keep the bad habits at bay.

To that end, our friends at PC World recently published an article calling out our worst tech habits and laying out the reasons to avoid them. Check out the article here:

The 21 Worst Tech Habits – And How to Break Them (by Christopher Null)

Geek Squad Videos

Visit our Channel on   

Labels