Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Switch Pre-Order Cancelled

To add, your phone reps have multiple times called this a "system glitch". The fact is that some of us got a chance to update payment info and others straight up got their order cancelled.

You guys dropped the ball big time. I've already sent a lengthy professional email to corporate. Telling customers "sorry, we messed up and now you're out of luck" is not acceptable. Heck, even Amazon gave customers apology vouchers for not having enough BOTW stock to satisfy pre-orders, and that wasn't even their fault. This situation however, is squarely Best Buy's fault.

To then have the audacity to tell me I can try standing in line for a midnight release and hope that my store gets a few extras to sell is really tone-deaf. Your screw-up is the reason I would be standing out there!

I promise, if I'm waiting outside for a Switch this week, it definitely won't be at a Best Buy.

Highlighted

Mike -

That in incredibly unacceptable. And if that if your band-aid than you have done a great job of making it worse. Everyone on here has already had it confirmed from every customer service rep that this is out of the ordinary and that this problem wasn;t accounted for. For you now to say, well this is just our policy, goes against everything that other people have been saying.

Part of the reason for our anger with this resposne is your assumption that we will just accept it. It is quite insulting. We know something else is wrong, if you are hoenst with us, we would be a lot more amenable. Instead, we are getting stock answers and being kept in the dark.

What I find horrible about this is that there is a great opportunity for Best Buy to save face and its customer base (especially since we repsent the ones who keep the stores open, when Amazon is at the gates). Tell us we messed up, we value all of you as customers, we intend to make this right. We will make sure we find a way to get your preorder, if that means any stock we may have had at launch isn't available to some causal customer off the street, and it means we keep your loyalty, than thats what we must do.

Instead, you have done a fantastic job of frustrating and alienating, therefore ultimately making the situaiton worse. More importanly, as I said eearlier, losing the base that you are so desperately trying to hold onto. Well done. Thank you. I now realize there is no more reason for me to defend Best Buy to people, and that they are right, it is obsolete. 

I also can't understand why some customers are being told about a magical 'list' of names that will be contacted to reinstate their order. Is this list real or not? If you're going to say there was something that got screwed up that allowed everyone's orders in this thread to be cancelled, fine (well, not fine, but at least it's a solid answer). Seems like nobody knows what's going on and they're scrambling to shut people up in any way they can. 

What I would like them to do/say is...

"Here is a guaranteed pre-order for the next time we have these stock and available for shipment."

I don't care if it is an unknown amount of time, as along as I know it would be coming in the future. Which is why I pre-ordered in the first place. 

Mike - There has to be SOME mechanism in place to reverse the cancellation of an order.

In my case, the bank told me that their systems were down and that any attempted purchases on my card would not be accepted until that issue was resolved.

Your email stated that we were to have 24 hours to rectify the situation prior tot he termination of that order, yet that did not occur. My order was cancelled within the hour.

There has to be a better solution, as most of us feel that Best Buy did not live up to their end of the agreement that was made when we went through the pre-order process.

Mike,

No offense, but I take your opinion with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, too many of the representatives you've allowed to communicate with us via your help line have all providing drastically conflicting information. While what you say is true, you made no mention of any glitches or the overwhelming amount of people all affected by the same issue. If this was a simple Bank fraud error, we shouldve been given enough time to change our payment method.

Also, again this site is your site. You cannot tell me that it is impossible to create an order. I've had item orders created for me in the past, such as DLC content or promo items that are either never listed or out of stock via your website, yet miraculously a customer support agent was able to create the order and send it anyway. Were these individuals of a supreme alien race with God-like powers then? Because according to you, that should not be possible by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't care if that order is reinstated. There wasn't anything inherently special about the order number. I just wanted the item.

And this email I just received, my friends, is the definition of insult to injury: http://imgur.com/a/MTpNd

I got one to top that salt to the wound,

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/27/14751670/nintendo-switch-launch-best-buy

the way i see it, everyone's pre order that got cancelled is probably ending up at the store for the chaps that rather wait in line personally.

Just wait until we get emails encouraging us to visit the store to have a chance at grabbing "limited quantities" of the Switch.