04-06-2012 11:04 AM
First of all, I read the "read this first" post about Pre-Orders.
I ordered The Secret World for PC as soon as it became available on Tuesday. The game is said to come with a few perks when you pre-order as well as a registration key for early access to beta events and early play at launch (in June).
I called first to Bestbuy.com about the code. They gave me what seemed to be just a default answer. That I would get the code a few days before launch. Ok, that can't be accurate because Beta starts in May. If I get the code in June then I miss out and why pre-order??
So I emailed bestbuy.com service directly tuesday night. I still have not received an answer on this. In fact all I got was an autoresponse message right away to call bestbuy.com for any detailed questions. FRUSTRATING.
So then I found these forums. I went ahead and followed the directions on the Pre-Order read this first post. I sent an email to I would assume the gaming part of this Best Buy Unboxed forum. STILL NO ANSWER/REPLY.
I am just a day away from cancelling my order and never pre-ordering anything from Best Buy again for this poor service. I don't mean to rant publicly about this but I hoped that maybe someone else has either pre-ordered this game, or can direct me on who exactly can help me with this.
I have seen others pre-order from Gamestop, Amazon, Newegg and for godsakes even Walmart.com. They received answers and their codes!
Any help here would be appreciated.
04-06-2012 12:22 PM
Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about The Secret World preorder bonuses. I truly apologize that you haven't been able to get a response yet from our other channels, and I'm hoping to help you with this.
Strictly to my knowledge, I am not 100% sure we are participating in this game's preorder bonuses. As of now, I've done some research and haven't found anything. Our participation would be determined by the business agreement between Best Buy and the developers. Even if other retailers may be participating, I'm not seeing much information yet on this particular title on our end.
With that said, I will reach out to our business teams and see if we can get some information on this as soon as possible. You mentioned you were one day away from canceling - given that it is Friday today, I will probably not hear back until next week. If you were willing to wait, I will do whatever I can to get this information to you as soon as I can.
Let me know your thoughts on this and thanks again for your post!
04-13-2012 09:23 AM
04-24-2012 01:34 PM