Search Results:

Highlighted
Topics: 124
Kudos: 46
Blog Posts: 141
Solutions: 145

In-store and Online Pre-order FAQs

[ Edited ]

Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding our in-store and online video game pre-order processes. If you're question doesn't happen to be as frequently asked and didn't make the list, feel free to post a new topic on our Gaming Support board and we'll do our best to answer it!

In-Store FAQs

How much can I put down on a video game pre-order?

You can pay any deposit amount from $5 up to the total cost of the item plus tax.

When do I pay the remainder of the game price?

The remainder of the price for in-store pre-orders is paid when you pickup your pre-ordered item and fulfill the transaction. If you paid the full price of the item during your initial pre-order, the final transaction may require any applicable taxes to be paid.

When does my Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) 20% off benefit apply?

The 20% discount will be applied when you pay off the remaining balance of your pre-order and pick the game up once it's released. The final amount needed to fulfill your pre-order will include your 20% GCU discount! For more questions around GCU, please see our FAQ here.

If a pre-order title is eligible for the Get $10 promotion, when will I receive my $10 Reward Certificate?

You will receive 500 My Best Buy points ($10) credited to your account within 15-20 days of fulfilling your pre-order, which is the date you pick up your game and pay the remaining amount needed after your deposit. For more questions around the Get $10 promotion, please see our FAQ here.

Can I add funds to my deposit?

No. Once the initial deposit has been made you cannot add funds.

Do I need to bring my receipt when picking up?

You are not required to have your receipt when picking up, although we can use it to quickly locate your pre-order. This new system makes it easy for us to locate your pre-order using your name. (Note: your original pre-order receipt IS required to cancel a pre-order)

How do I cancel my pre-order?

Bring your pre-order receipt to the Customer Service desk and let them know you would like to cancel. You will receive a full refund of your deposit.

I printed a pre-order ticket from the touchscreen kiosk in the gaming department. Is that all I need to do?

That pre-order ticket does NOT mean you have pre-ordered your game. Bring that pre-order ticket to a register and pay the minimum $5 deposit or any amount up to the total cost of the item plus tax  to ensure your pre-order is processed.

Online FAQs

When am I charged?
When you place your pre-order we’ll authorize your form of payment with your bank, which results in a temporary authorization hold. After a few business days the hold should be automatically released and the funds returned to your account. Shortly before release day as your order begins final processing for shipment or store pickup we’ll reauthorize your form of payment, resulting in another hold. Once your order ships or becomes ready for store pickup we’ll then collect payment.

When will my order ship?
We do our best with every pre-order to ensure it’s delivered as close to release as possible by shipping it out at a level of service needed for it to get to you on release day. Depending on a number of factors, such as your proximity to one of our stores or distribution centers, pre-orders often ship out for different people at different times.

When does my Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) 20% off benefit apply?
The 20% GCU discount should be applied in your cart before you complete checkout and place your pre-order. If you have an existing pre-order and have just become a GCU Member the discount cannot retroactively be applied to your pre-order. For more question around GCU, please see our FAQ here.

If a pre-order title is eligible for the Get $10 promotion, when will I receive my $10 Reward Certificate?
You will receive 500 My Best Buy points ($10) credited to your account within 15-20 days of fulfilling your pre-order, which is the date your order ships or becomes available for pickup from your local store. For more questions around the Get $10 promotion, please see our FAQ here.

How do I cancel my online pre-order?
Prior to your pre-order beginning final processing for shipping you should be able to cancel your order by signing into your BestBuy.com account and viewing your orders page.

We'll continue to update this FAQ as more common questions emerge.