Search Results:

Highlighted
Topics: 124
Kudos: 47
Blog Posts: 141
Solutions: 145

In-store Pre-order FAQs

[ Edited ]

Below is a list of frequently asked questions regarding our in-store video game pre-order process. If you're question doesn't happen to be as frequently asked and didn't make the list, feel free to post a new topic on our Gaming Support board and we'll do our best to answer it!

FAQs

How much can I put down on a video game pre-order?

You can pay any deposit amount from $5 up to the total cost of the item plus tax.

When do I pay the remainder of the game price?

The remainder of the price for in-store pre-orders is paid when you pickup your pre-ordered item and fulfill the transaction. If you paid the full price of the item during your initial pre-order, the final transaction may require any applicable taxes to be paid.

When does my Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) 20% off benefit apply?

The 20% discount will be applied when you pay off the remaining balance of your pre-order and pick the game up once it's released. The final amount needed to fulfill your pre-order will include your 20% GCU discount! For more questions around GCU, please see our FAQ here.

If a pre-order title is eligible for the Get $10 promotion, when will I receive my $10 Reward Certificate?

You will receive 500 My Best Buy points ($10) credited to your account within 15-20 days of fulfilling your pre-order, which is the date you pick up your game and pay the remaining amount needed after your deposit. For more questions around the Get $10 promotion, please see our FAQ here.

Can I add funds to my deposit?

No. Once the initial deposit has been made you cannot add funds.

Do I need to bring my receipt when picking up?

You are not required to have your receipt when picking up, although we can use it to quickly locate your pre-order. This new system makes it easy for us to locate your pre-order using your name. (Note: your original pre-order receipt IS required to cancel a pre-order)

How do I cancel my pre-order?

Bring your pre-order receipt to the Customer Service desk and let them know you would like to cancel. You will receive a full refund of your deposit.

I printed a pre-order ticket from the touchscreen kiosk in the gaming department. Is that all I need to do?

That pre-order ticket does NOT mean you have pre-ordered your game. Bring that pre-order ticket to a register and pay the minimum $5 deposit or any amount up to the total cost of the item plus tax  to ensure your pre-order is processed.

We'll continue to update this FAQ as more common questions emerge.