Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Got charged $20 extra for something that is supposed to be free

From everywhere I can find, It's only listed as "free". It doesn't show up anywhere on the product search, doesn't show up as anything except free on the Destiny 2 item page, doesn't show up as anything except free in the "included free" popup from the search page, nor anywhere else can I find that it was anything except free up until I canceled my duplicate order. Only after the order was canceled did any sort of price show up for the "free" beta code. I find that incredibly deceptive. Had I known of a charge for this supposedly free item, I would have kept both orders and just resold the duplicate. Instead, I tried to do the right thing and cancel it to give someone else a chance at the collectors edition and I am quite literally paying for it. 

http://imgur.com/LPsSjJf

http://imgur.com/YnMvKXn

"Free" Beta code

On Receipt

@micheal-BBY I preordered this in store and I have the reciept. Where would the order number be?

@micheal-BBY I preordered this in store and I have the reciept. Where would the order number be?

The same thing just happened to me. I decided I didn't need the Collector's Edition since it was basically an impulse buy only to find out I get charged for a FREE Beta. Absolutely ridiculous. There's no where on a product page that says you'll be charged for cancelling a pre-order. Extremely shady stuff.

@sabre I agree. And 3 days, no reply from @Michael-BBY

Honestly if it was $5 I would understand, but $20!? That's an insane price for early access to a FREE beta.

Contributor

You guys will lose future preorders because of this policy with any game that involves a beta if this becomes the standard.

Definitely. I would accept it as my mistake if it was a reasonable charge like 5$. But 20$ is over 30% of the cost on the regular edition of the game. That's ridiculous. If they would allow me to redistribute that charge into a preorder for the base game and not send me another beta code, I would accept that as a resolution. But charging 20$ for something that's never advertised as anything except free, and never indicated as non-cancelable, just means i will be taking my purchases back online to amazon and return to using their stores as simply a showroom. I thought the GCU was a great program to sign up for, but I can get very similar benefits through my Amazon Prime instead.

Honestly Idk if I'll pre-order from Best Buy again. A Beta is supposed to help the customer decide if they want to buy the full game or not and charging someone to test an early version of the game is unfair. I'll keep my pre-orders to Amazon in the future.

If you have not installed and played the game yet. Then you have not agreed to the EULA. And can demand a refund within 30days of purshase.

FOR RESIDENTS IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY: IF YOU REJECT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU CAN RETURN THE PROGRAM AND REQUEST A REFUND FOR THE PROGRAM WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF YOUR PURCHASE, BY CALLING (310) 255-2050 IN NORTH AMERICA OR VISITING http://support.activision.com. BUNGIE’S PRIVACY POLICY AVAILABLE AT http://www.bungie.net/en/View/bungie/privacy SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE PART OF THE “AGREEMENT” ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BY YOU AND THE TERMS OF SUCH ARE INCORPORATED HEREIN BY REFERENCE.

Since the beta is still TBD, then the customer would not be able to agree to the terms until installing the software (which is not available). Then the customers are entitled to a refund.

If Best Buy has already honored the cancelations for the game themselves, they should also honor the beta code (which is also software with EULA terms). And if they are refusing, I would contact Bungie as mentioned above damanding a refund from them.... then see how quickly Best Buy changes their mind when Bungie pulls their ability to offer these promotions.