Add Product

Search Results:

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

This is disheartening with so many great games coming in the next few months (Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda, Mass effect, Prey) all of which I plan on buying/playing.

Best Buy should know this definitely effects sales for some. Horizon and Zelda are two games I'm dying to play but sadly I only have so much time. These come out the same week and since I only have time for one game there's no reason to buy both. Zelda is a big deal for me so that one takes priority.

Right now I'll just wait until in done with Zelda to pick up Horizon and by that point I'll probably be able to get it for $30-$40.

However, of Horizon was part of the preorder and save peogram I would without question preorder it and buy it day one even though I know I won't be playing it for a few weeks/month. The program definitely motivated me to preorder games. Without it, I never bother preordering.
Trusted Contributor

I will repeat.  

I is my strong holding Best Buy does NOT determine which, if any, games get on the $10 list.  I do believe that it is the developers and or distributors that make the choice for Best Buy and the discount in part or whole coming out of the pocket of the distributor/developer.

The reality of business. If your game is going to sell and people are going to go crazy doing pre-orders at regular price why would you offer to sell it for less?

IF you want to do something about it then don't pre-order a game.  Wait several months until the price lowers because of flagging sales.

20% off a a title is still a GREAT deal.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Chachzilla, while I never expected Horizon Zero Dawn or Breath of the Wild to be added to the list (as PS4 and Nintendo exclusives have never made the list before), I too am BUMMED to see that games such as For Honor, Mass Effect Andromeda, Prey, etc. didn't make the cut.

Like you I plan to play Breath of the Wild first and then move on to Horizon and Mass Effect.  I'm also hoping by the time I finish BotW that both games will have received a sizeable price drop.  

Still what a shame.  This was such a great promotion and like you it pushed me to pre-order tons of games that I never would have pre-ordered otherwise.

Trusted Contributor

So what is the BEST DEAL around if there is no $10 pre-order bonus?

Mass Effect Andromedia for PS4

Best Buy $47.99  Included Free items DD add on. SteelBook

Amazon $47.99    Included Free items DD add on

GameStop $59.99 Unless it is a PowerUp Rewards item, which it does not say it is.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I'm responding to both of your posts Bobbeuchi. I think the $10 reward is mostly on BB or at least a co-op w/ the developer. They aren't giving us $10 off the game they are giving us $10 to spend at BB at a future date. That's bringing us into the store a second time and getting the game pre-ordered. Now that I typed it I'm sure it's a co-op promo. Second, regarding the best deal. For me price is the best deal, the add ons are usually not worth much and only differ slightly from one vendor to another. In my case my gamers club expires next week and I just learned that I could pre-order through amazon for the same price. I already have my prime membership and it seems they let you order up to 2 weeks after release for that price, giving me time to evaluate the game before purchase if I desired.

@timkaz. Best Buy is always 20% off even if the game came out a year ago. It gives you even more time to evaluate and read reviews. I too miss the preorder bonus though. Smiley Sad

Your right.  That was a stupid point.

My GCU expires in a few months and I will only renew it if they continue this promotion because the reality of the matter is that I already have a Prime memebership so unless there is some added benefit to buying at Best Buy, I will not waste the $30 and will just migrate my gaming purchases to Amazon and Best Buy will only get my business every two or three years when I buy a new TV.

I strongly agree with diamonddisc. I have prime. Only reason I've paid and kept gamers zone unlocked for about 4 years is the points that it gives back. It used to be $20 worth of points at first. A quarter of the year is almost done and the games for the program are still not up. Some of the most anticipated and biggest games of the year are now releasing around march. If BB discontinues this program I will not renew it, and I will use Amazon for all my gaming needs.

Dont know why the people still thinks amazon prime is better than GCU when is more expensive only have discounts for pre orders and after 2 weeks. No points or 2.5 points per dollar on elite plus status or special offers and it only costs $30 per 2 years