Add Product

Search Results:

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

Hi Bill-BBY,

You stated earlier that you expect this program to continue. Since then, there has been nothing added to the promotion's page. Is this still expected to continue? As a paying customer of the GCU program I'd like to know this before I decide to continue my membership.

Thanks!

Valued Member

I keep waiting to see if this will continue as without it I don't have to preorder and will just wait on reviews and then decide between Best Buy and Amazon where my money will go. It is weird after 4+ years of Best Buy recieving my video gaming business almost exclusively...I feel like a free agent.

This has to be dead in the water for winter games. No resident evil 7 and now they are close to missing on For Honor. You lost my sales on both Best Buy! I don't see it happening with Horizon too. Maybe Mass effect! Sucks. This makes GU less appealing now.

Thought on GC renewal

FYI- The lack of the $10 rewards on pre-orders is going to impact whether I renew the gamers club or not.  Before I belonged to the GC, I usually only bought one or two titles a year right when the were released.  Other games I bought   new but only when they were on sale from various stores.  Since I joined GC I purchased all of my games from BestBuy and often used the rewards for other in-store purchases.

I know there is more to it then just slapping on the reward, but is does affect my purchasing decisions.

Please forward to the appropriate parties.

Thanks, Tim

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thought on GC renewal

Well keep in mind at $30 for two years you buy 3 games in that two year periord you are coming out ahead.

What has me on the fence is the number of titles coming out that are not avialable from BB for PC or are digital download only, which is not qualified for GCU Discount.

However, I do not think that is on BB so much as it is on the game developers. Developers would rather have you go Digital Download becuase it costs almost the same to distribute 100,000 copies as it does 1

Personally I forsee almost ALL video games, regardless of platform, going this direction.  

Its going to destroy the used game market as well

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Re: Thought on GC renewal

I hear what your saying, I was just trying to get across to BB that this program w/ the discount and rewards had me shopping at BB exclusively.

As far as the digital downloads/used game market. I don't think I have bought a used game since getting my PS4. I really like to have the physical copy. I don't trade them in but I have either given them away to friends & family or sold on craigslist. I refuse to trade into G@me $top. That's a big rip off.

Am I missing something about 20% off at amazon for preorders?  I just looked at Ghost Recon Wildlands and don't see any Prime Discount on that preorder.

Sounds like something you should post on Amazon board not best buy board....
Trusted Contributor

Thats becuase if you look it is download only. At least for PC.  The discount on mine does apply for PS and Xbox

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

You are right, but if BB monitors the board they'll see what people are thinking about how the shop. My original post had to do w/ the lack of the "$10 rewards" available and whether I would renew my membership that expires this month.