Add Product

Search Results:

Trusted Contributor

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

Well 20% off with GCU is still pretty outstanding

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

True, but Amazon prime gets you the same thing apparently. I really am hoping they bring the get 10 promotion back soon though. Horizon Zero Dawn and Mass Effect Andromeda are coming out soon.
Trusted Contributor

However, Amazon Prime costs $100 a year vs $30 for two years.

I don't recall ever seeing a $10 bonus pre-order from Amazon that did not exist on a BB title. 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Plus Best Buy gives you points wich you can use as rewards certificates.

And yes Amazon costs $100 per year vs $30 for 2 years of BB, and you can only got 20% on amazon prime before the game releases and only after two weeks.

But yeah many people, including myself, are waiting for the games that will be eligible for the $10 certificate promo.

I agree GCU is better now that it doesn't cost $120. And no one buys Prime just for the game discount. Anyway let's hope this comes back soon.
Trusted Contributor

Also I make al my game purchaes using my Best Buy credit card and get bonus points on top of that.

However, though I think we will see less and less of the $10 rewards for bigger titles. 

It is not so much of an incentive to pre-order a title as it is to pre-order from a given re-seller. And if a developer is giving BB that ability to mark their game down in the long run essentially it is coming out of the hte developers pocket.

yes it is in BB's interest to offer the $10 reward but not the publisher.  If they sell 10000 copies of a game that is $100,000 off the profit line. I have read from various sources that the markup on NEW titles is actually very small.  Somewhere between 20% to 25% so if you have GCU your already cutting off Best Buys profit by a good chunk.

I had a string of purchases starting 3rd quarter 2015 to 2nd quarter 2016 where I purchased a series of games at $10 off with GCU and getting a 5% bonus from my Best Buy Credit Card.  After the first game I was getting games for $37 and every third game I would have a good size reward certificate.  At the end I purchased GTA and Wolfenstein for only $15

Pre Order $10

Is there no $10 pre order bonus anymore or is it just on all games. Would be sad if that promotion ended, my friend takes me into the gaming club bc of the 2 promos together. 

Thanks

For now there are no games under the $10 preorder promo.
Trusted Contributor

When the game developers decide they want a game under the $10 promotion they will bring it back.

But they probably realized it propbalby does NOT increse total sales, just pre-orders at one retailer.

Pretty sad! Most likely there will be nothing for Resident Evil 7.  Now they are cutting it close with For honor, Halo Wars 2 and Horizon on ps4.  If there is nothing for Mass Effect: Aromeda, then this 10 dollar this is done for good!

I didnt know the point values were cut in half, and it seems trade in values have been alot lower.  I just traded a bunch of games to gamestop and got way more money than best buy.   That never used to be the case!  What benefit is this club now?

I prefer to switch to amazon for games.  Yes its 100 a year, but Amazon is a must for us, Best Buy is not!  We buy almost everthing from Amazon.