Add Product

Search Results:

Reply
Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-20-2014

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

Yeah. They haven't released a list of titles so far for this year. Seems like they might not at all.
Regular Member
Posts: 37
Registered: ‎05-14-2015

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?


supperiggy1969 wrote:

luchocarias wrote:

i'm going to renew it this year, I got it on november 2015. and even that GCU no longer works on black friday or that they will not continue with the $10, for me is the best option because I always have the 20% discount on every new game.

 

Also is the only place for me that I can gain 2.5 points per dollar (i'm an elite plus member) with games and still gains points for buying gaming consoles.

 

Last year I made 9000 pts with my account and as today I'm doing it 3250 points.

 

for $30 per 2 years its the best option.


If you are elite plus that means you spent $3500 a year at best buy.  If that's the case you clearly don't need to worry about a few $10 rewards for pre-order.


 

 

So you're saying if you had 3500 dollars in your pocket and someone offered you 10 dollars you'd refuse it?

 

Or if you would take 10bucks out of your pocket and flush it down the toilet?

 

Or if someone owed you 10 dollars from an arrangement where it was part of the deal and they just ignored you then you'd let I slide?

 

If you say yes to any of those then you're a liar. 

New Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-27-2016

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?


gargus wrote:

supperiggy1969 wrote:

luchocarias wrote:

i'm going to renew it this year, I got it on november 2015. and even that GCU no longer works on black friday or that they will not continue with the $10, for me is the best option because I always have the 20% discount on every new game.

 

Also is the only place for me that I can gain 2.5 points per dollar (i'm an elite plus member) with games and still gains points for buying gaming consoles.

 

Last year I made 9000 pts with my account and as today I'm doing it 3250 points.

 

for $30 per 2 years its the best option.


If you are elite plus that means you spent $3500 a year at best buy.  If that's the case you clearly don't need to worry about a few $10 rewards for pre-order.


 

 

So you're saying if you had 3500 dollars in your pocket and someone offered you 10 dollars you'd refuse it?

 

Or if you would take 10bucks out of your pocket and flush it down the toilet?

 

Or if someone owed you 10 dollars from an arrangement where it was part of the deal and they just ignored you then you'd let I slide?

 

If you say yes to any of those then you're a liar. 


Don't be obtuse...  I obviously never said anything of the sort.  My statement stands on it's own.  If you have spent $3500 at Best Buy in the last year, you don't need to worry about $10.  They may WANT every $10 they can lay their hands on, but they DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT IT.  Anyone who has that kind of discretionary income is not pinching pennies because they NEED to... but may have that kind of money because they do...

 

And by the way, there are lots of annoying people i'd gladly lend $10 if it meant they would avoid me in an effort to not have to repay me.  And i do worry about $10.

Regular Member
Posts: 47
Registered: ‎03-15-2016

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

Hi I´m not saying I wouldn´t take $10 even if I have spent $3500 per year on BB.

 

$10 pre order bonus IT IS PRETTY AWESOME. But only a few games per year.

 

Even without the $10 pre order bonus, if you compare the GCU with other services like amazon prime or gamestop Pro players is by far the best option.

 

Does amazon makes any Buy 2 get 1 free, buy 1 get 1 40% or 50% off?? they do have amazon prime but the only benefit from that is the 20% discount prior release date and 2 weeks after release date. And it cost $10.99 per month when GCU is $30 per 2 years.

 

Also you still receive 20% of new video games all year (excluding now thanksgiving of course), and also you gain points!

New Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎01-27-2016

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?


luchocarias wrote:

Hi I´m not saying I wouldn´t take $10 even if I have spent $3500 per year on BB.

 

$10 pre order bonus IT IS PRETTY AWESOME. But only a few games per year.

 

Even without the $10 pre order bonus, if you compare the GCU with other services like amazon prime or gamestop Pro players is by far the best option.

 

Does amazon makes any Buy 2 get 1 free, buy 1 get 1 40% or 50% off?? they do have amazon prime but the only benefit from that is the 20% discount prior release date and 2 weeks after release date. And it cost $10.99 per month when GCU is $30 per 2 years.

 

Also you still receive 20% of new video games all year (excluding now thanksgiving of course), and also you gain points!


Agreed...never said you wouldn't take whatever discount is available... as would everyone i think.

 

My point that i was trying to make was, someone who spends $3500 a year at best buy is less likely to change their buying habbits based on that $10 reward.  And based on your statement that you think the Best Buy Gamers Club is the best deal going, it seems that in at least your case i'm right...

 

For me, and i believe a lot of gamers who work with a smaller budget, the lack of pre-order bonus means making choices on which games we preorder (far less incentive so far less pre-order) and which we buy on release day or shortly thereafter... (for me, there are lots of games that i can wait 6 months to play... and get them for $30 or less when i do get them).

 

As for Amazon prime, it's not worth $100 a year for faster shipping for me... but it does let people watch Man in the High Castle and some other shows that are pretty nice...and some music services as well.  If it was $50 a year i'd get it in a heart beat... but for $99 i have passed so far because i can get the $48 games at best buy.  When they ends for me this November, i will consider the Prime, since it has other advantages beyond the pre-order at $48....

 

Sadly, for best buy that means all the stuff i bought there because i was going to pick up a game, or made a impulse buy of a game that was cheap with GCU, they will go away for BB too...

 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 4,285
Registered: ‎02-25-2013

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

I have Amazon Prime because we order a lot of things online these days and the free shipping is a huge bonus and we easily save the money.

 

In regards to Amazon and game prices, I have yet to see Amazon offer a better price on a game than I get if for on GCU.  

 

What puts GCU over the top is that you also get your regular rewards for your purchase.

 

However, I also make all my game purchases with my Best Buy Credit card so I also sometimes get promotional bonus points that can match the 500 bonus points.  Well it actually comes out to 479 points.

 

 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Member
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎12-31-2010

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

Sooooo....Destiny 2 has been added to the $10 promotion. I made a topic but haven't gotten a response.....

 

Will the $10 be applicible to the Digital Deluxe version? Or physical only?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 4,285
Registered: ‎02-25-2013

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

History has shown that it is on physical copies only.

 

However comma when I ordered Mass Effect physical with the 20% discount a physical box was sent to me with just an activation key inside. Kind of befuddling.  I still got the digital version but at least I got the discount.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Regular Member
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎07-14-2016

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

Physical only
Member
Posts: 15
Registered: ‎03-08-2016

Re: "Get 10" pre-order bonus no longer a thing?

You're right about the get $10 only applying to physical copies in the past. Which is why it's curious that I can't find it in writing ANYWHERE on the current offer that it doesn't apply to digital. I'm hoping to get some clarification before I preorder!