Add Product

Search Results:

Question regarding status of specific paid GCU benefit

I'm hoping Mike or someone else from Best Buy can help address this question regarding both the present and future status of a specific GCU feature for which I and others have paid.  It would appear to be covered in the FAQ from yesterday, and yet my experience appears to me to suggest the FAQ is innacurate on this specific point.

One of the benefits for which we have paid is "Exclusive Gaming Offers."  As Mike might remember, I signed up for the GCU program in a rather confusing way on essentially the day the online process of enrolling was terminated without notice, and looking back that was probably a precursor to the program being phased out.  Since that time, I'm not sure I've seen any "Exclusive Gaming Offers" although I'm not sure precisely what that means so I'm hoping for some clarification here.

In my Best Buy Offers page, I have 10 days left to save money on a physical strategy guide, but it's lumped in with deals on appliances and I'm fairly certain that same strategy guide savings was present before I enrolleed as I am almost positive we saw it when I was checking my account pages trying to enroll online.  I did receive, and take advantage of, $5 off a video game, but that seems more like a separate feature of the program, "Special Welcome Coupons."

Since that first day, nothing new has appeared and I have received no emails offering me any Exclusive Gaming Offers.  But I'm not the expert here.  I enrolled on April 27 and if the program was being phased out then in such a way that no new offers were/are being provided then I might not have seen any.

Am I misunderstanding what an Exclusive Gaming Offer is?  Or a Welcome Coupon?  In any event, will we continue to receive Exclusive Gaming Offers until the very last member has expired out of the program?  This is, after all, a feature we have specifically paid for and has been specifically advertised (ad nauseum) by Best Buy.  I've below quoted the FAQ which appears to say we will continue to receive these Offers, and below that the advertised description of the paid GCU program features.

Thanks in advance for your attention to my queries.

"Q) Are my current Unlocked benefits changing in any way?

A. There will be no changes to your Gamers Club Unlocked Benefits for those currently enrolled."

"

20% OFF

new video game software

10% BONUS TRADE-IN CREDIT

on your video game software trade-ins

10% OFF

pre-owned video games

20% OFF

video game e-guides

2X POINTS

on new video game software, digital content, and game accessories

SPECIAL WELCOME COUPONS

for one-time use

2X POINTS

on video game trade-ins

EXCLUSIVE GAMING OFFERS
REDEEM REWARD CERTIFICATES

on nearly everything at Best Buy

on gaming consoles

"

Re: Gamers Club prices not showing in app or on site

Same here i don’t know what is going on!??? really stupid move by best buy.

Re: Gamers Club Unlocked being discontinued

I wish I could say I'm was surprised at this but I'm not.  Last 7 months Best Buy has been going down hill fast for me.  Numerous instances of the following,

Delayed pre-orders

Bonuses that were bundle with items not being delivered

Damaged Shipments

All on the rise and now this. 

It's just the final nail in the coffin.  Hell I just recently refused to take a $25 gift card for the last screw up, because I didn't want a gift card.  I wanted the service was promised, the service I used to have that was no longer getting.  Obivously with this that service isn't coming back.

So am I going to be one of those who say I'm boycotting Best Buy and will never shop from them again?  No probably not, I'm a consumer.  However I can say where Best Buy before would get 90% of my business, now without GCU you'll be lucky to get 5%.  Gone will be instances where I would buy 5 or 6 things a month(not just games) from Best Buy.  Now that will become more like 1 or 2 things a year.

GCU got me to give Best Buy more of my business and overall traffic, because of that it got me to buy a lot of other things at Best Buy besides video games.  I can't tell you how many times I walk into a Best Buy with no intention of really buying anything just to look just because I had GCU and I would walk out with something.  I can't tell you how many times I would recommend someone else to Best Buy because of GCU.  None of that is going to happen anymore. 

Phasing out GCU is going cost you more than you realize Best Buy. 

Recognized Member

I'm very disappointed to hear this. I will continue to buy games at Best Buy until my Gamers Club expires, but then I will be going to be taking my business elsewhere.

While I'm thankful that Best Buy provided such an excellent service over the past few years, the way they unceremoniously took it behind the shed and summarily executed it without giving members any hint of the program's cancellation really leaves a sour taste in my mouth. No warning, no nothing, just gone. I definitely won't be buying my games there after my membership expires, and I doubt I'll be buying much else either.

Recognized Member

@rketchum wrote:

You're going to stop buying appliances and such from Best Buy because they ended GCU?  That's laughable.

I pretty much only buy games at Best Buy. I'll probably buy my new TV there, too, but after that....

Recognized Member

I buy games elsewhere, too, but I don't use Best Buy for much besides that.

Re: Gamers Club prices not showing in app or on site

I've followed the steps and gone to my profile/rewards overview page, but am not seeing any acknowledgement of my Gamers Club Unlocked membership. I went back into my email and found the receipt stating I purchased it in June of 2017 and should have it through 06/20/2019, and I know I used it back in March/April to make a purchase.

GCU prices are also not showing up on the site for me.

can anyone with a currently ongoing membership confirm that they actually still have the benefits? i was a member since january(5 months ago) and it seems like i don't even have the GCU anymore. I technically had a year and 7 months left before it expries.. yet.. ...poof. It's not on my account anymore. anyone?

@WanderArtI can confirm i still have mine. When i click on my name while signed in at the top right corner i have 3  drop down boxes. My Best Buy Rewards, My Best Buy Offers, and Gamers Club Unlocked. I can drop that tab down to see how much time remaining i have left on membership.I can also confirm my discount applies to new games but only at checkout.