Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

20% Discount on New Games Duration

Hello,

I couldn't find any information online, but I was wondering how long a game is "new" for? I am going to be making a few purchases soon, but may have to wait until the end of the week. I'm wondering if the GCU discount will still apply for a game like Zelda: Breath of the wild?
Trusted Contributor

Re: 20% Discount on New Games Duration

Welcome to gamers club.  I certainly have saved a lot of money by being a member.

In this case NEW is referring to any game that is not used.

Just a few weeks a go I purchased a 2 year old game that was marked at $19.99 and it was still marked down 20%

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Ty for the info!

Trusted Contributor

Occasioinally there are some games where the developer gives Best Buy the authorization to offer incentive to pre-order a particular title and they offer $10 in reward coupons.

I have the page for the discounted titles bookmarked on my browser.

Also whenever a new title becomes available for pre-order they post it in the "Lets Talk Games" portion of this group.

$10 Rewards for select titles.

Not a lot of titles get put in the bonus reward but when they do and it couples with your 20% discount it can be pretty sweet.

I had a string of 4 titles offered with the $10 reward plus the rewards you get any way. I also buy all games with my Best Buy Credit card for more bonus points.  I ended up 6 months later buying 2 brand new games for about $15

it can add up quick.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.