I bought a color laser for my parents on the other side of the country. I've thought buying through BestBuy is the way to go since they might need local support. I've also purchased installation from Geek Squad. Printer was fine, but Geek Squad experience was awful:
- get an email from bestbuy to schedule a service using chat
- try chat. After 20mins of slow chat, agent Jane J gives up and tell the to call directly
- call. Wait for callback. Get callback, get put on hold. On minute 12 the agent hangs up because they can't hear me
- Decide to use TaskRabbit instead, and cancel GeekSquad.
- try chat. Chat agent redirects me to different chat after 5 mins
- try chat #2. Chat agent redirects me to different chat after 5 mins
- try chat #3. Chat agent redirects me to different chat after 5 mins
Total time elapsed: ~45minutes. Printer install would have taken about 30 minutes.
This is just lame, I like supporting local stores and all, but this is bad.