Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Problems with hotel delivery

I tried to buy a videogame from Brazil and ship it to a friend who's in an hotel in Orlando (I followed all the required procedures for the billing address and provided the hotel address for shipping, room number included in line 2). For some reason, my order was cancelled, and Best Buy e-mailed me the following: "Pierre, we canceled your order.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but we are unable to ship to the address provided, so we have canceled your order."
Can any of you justify what happened?
Kudos: 116
Solutions: 95

Re: Problems with hotel delivery

The hotel must be on a do not ship list. Similar to freight forwarding addresses, the hotel may have listed themselves or multiple people have shipped items to this hotel in the past and the computer system now views the hotel address as a freight forwarding address.

Best Buy does not ship to known freight forwarders or addresses that appear to be used as a freight forwarder. Sorry, but Best Buy assumes all purchases made are for products that will be used in the US. It is possible that since the hotel is not a permanent residence, it is assumed that anything shipped there is not going to stay in the US. Your friend will just have to go to a Best Buy store and make the purchase in person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before posting I try to research everything first or use my own experiences. I do not now nor have I ever worked for Best Buy. After a year and a half hiatus, I'm back working for the competition.
If you respond to a post of mine, I will read it. I may or may not post in the thread again, but rest assured I will read your response Smiley Happy