Add Product

Search Results:

windows won't load

i have a year old e-machines computer and it won't load windows. sometimes you can unplug it for awhile and it will work,sometimes it won't. sometimes you can relaunch windows and it will work,sometimes not. have tiied windows restore with no luck.  any suggestions?
Valued Contributor

Re: windows won't load

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the operating system (making sure to back up ALL important data first)?
Nothing I post is an official statment of Best Buy or Geek Squad, it is only a helpful opinion!

how do you uninstall and reinstall if you can't get to the main window sreen? just restored to an earlier date (4-1-09) and now its working for the moment. step daughters computer and she uses lime wire to download songs and i've heard lime wire can do things to a computer. true?
Topics: 648
Kudos: 502
Solutions: 315

Very true indeed. Limewire is the source of about 30% of our "virus removal" business. Honestly it is.

For hardened computer geeks, it's less potentially harmful, but for the average user, it's pretty much an open door for all sorts of nasty things.

To "recover" your computer, you will need "recovery discs" that you hopefully made, or came with the computer.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.