Add Product

Search Results:

rnrose

whats a good laptop to get thats not too expensive

Was just wondering whata good laptop to get that wont cost an arm and leg?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Re: whats a good laptop to get thats not too expensive

No One can answer your question, because you haven't stated what your computing needs are, and what your budget is.

As a general guideline, you get what you pay for...no $300 computer is going to be as good as a $700 computer.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
Area51Kev
Topics: 125
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 18

NoNoBadDog wrote:
...you get what you pay for...

That's a fact, said the newest Mac fan in the neighborhood. :smileyhappy:

Topics: 292
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 80

Humerous, hehe.

In all seriousness, there are a variety of laptops that no doubt suit your needs wonderfully. You can definitely do a search on the Best Buy website under laptops and change the parameters to LOW TO HIGH. That will give you the cheapest laptops.

If you'd like to know which laptop will give you the best bang for the buck, so to speak, we'll need to know a little about what you intend to do with it? Give us a breakdown on your expected daily tasks - be it merely browsing the web and checking email, or playing games. (If games, which ones? Facebook style or more intense?)

I'm certain we can come up with something you'll really enjoy, if you'll spend a little time giving us more information!

Look forward to hearing from you!

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Please use plain text.
rnrose

I'm looking for basically a computer to usue generally for browsing the web, online bill paying and that's it
Please use plain text.
RedWyv3
Topics: 292
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 80

I'd point out a specific model but there is no point. Any laptop will do those basic functions. The Netbook line will do it as well. As I don't recommend brand name, I suggest just popping onto the website and going LOW TO HIGH on the list. keep going up till you find one that suits your fancy.

Generally speaking you probably want at least 2gb RAM and between 320gb and 500gb hard drive space.

s.gifI am a Bestbuy employee who volunteers on these boards on my own time. I am not paid for posting here, and you should understand that my opinions are exactly that - opinions. I do not represent Bestbuy in any way.
: Open Mailbox
Please use plain text.