Add Product

Search Results:

missing windows 10 license key

I have bought 3 weeks ago lenovo IDEAPAD (open box) in NY , today I found some time to install the application , but there is no windows license key or CD in the box,
I'm from israel so it will be a little hard to visit NY store,

how can I get a copy of this key ?

Topics: 906
Kudos: 527
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 202

Re: missing windows 10 license key

Starting with Windows 8, Microsoft no longer includes license keys for Windows on the computers due to a change in the way they activate products. As long as your computer came with Windows 8.1 or 10, you do not need a license key to install Windows. It will be embedded in the BIOS and will activate for you online without the key. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

the operating system asking this for every reboot

Highlighted
Topics: 906
Kudos: 527
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 202

The only option you can do at this time is to attempt to contact the manufacturer to resolve. See if there is a BIOS update available. You would have to return the product within the return timeframe in order to get a replacement. It is most likely past this return timeframe now so as I said work with the manufacturer. Lenovo has a lot of international service centers that you can get a repair. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***