Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

micro usb

can it be used for anything besides charging the top portion of the tablet on the side

I have a cord for my camera but it dont see it pluged in there but does pluged into the keyboard body

Visitor

Re: micro usb

guess I should have stated I have the tablet and am trying to use it as a live shot screen for me canon camerahave it working with the keyboard attached but wanted to use it with out 

Visitor

Hello TechJD,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Can you provide the model number for the tablet? It will start with NS-.

The micro USB is used to charge the tablet but it can also be used to transfer data to/from the tablet. Are you trying to get the tablet to display what the camera is seeing? Is there a specific app that works with? I do not believe it will work for that. Too much data to transfer constantly. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

NS-P11W6100

Visitor

OK the usb ports on the keyboard part work fine for this it displays what I see throught the camera with no issues

the micro usb dont even reconize the camera is even pluged into it

Visitor

Hello TechJD,

Thank you for responding!

I'm glad you were able to find a work around. Does that solve your questions then? Let us know if we can further assist. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Sorry does not solve the issue, keyboard worded before I want the micro usb to work do I dont have to have the keyboard attched.

Visitor

Hello TechJD,

I apologize for the miscommunication. I do not believe that the camera feed will work over just the microUSB, though you could try connecting it via an OTG cable and see if that works. 

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

An OTG Cable ??

Explain

Visitor

Hello TechJD,

OTG stands for On The Go. This type of cable is a microUSB on one end, to connect to the tablet, and a female USB connection on the other end. With this cable you can connect full sized USB cables into the MicroUSB port of the tablet. OTG cables are becoming somewhat common now though I am not sure if it will allow the camera to work, but it is worth a shot. Below is a link to an Insignia OTG cable to show you what these cables look like, though this one is showing currently out of stock. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-otg-on-the-go-micro-usb-to-usb-type-a-adapter-cable-black/46443...

Regards,
Ryan
Insignia™ Support