Add Product

Search Results:

is it possible to change hdd to ssd when i purchase new laptop?

I wonder if it's possible to change my hdd to ssd when I purchase new laptop at best buy?

Topics: 648
Kudos: 502
Solutions: 315

Re: is it possible to change hdd to ssd when i purchase new laptop?

Yes, but clearly you'd need to purchase the SSD and either install it yourself of have the Geek Squad do it. Also, you'll need to reinstall the OS with the recovery media.

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.

Yes we can. We carry a select few SSD's from Intel and our Geek Squad can get it installed and running for you. If you are purchasing a computer from Best Buy be sure to checkout our Tech Support service that would cover getting the SSD installed and running for you.

Geek Squad Precinct 1024
Deputy Counter Intelligence
Visitor

How long does it usually take?

Trusted Contributor

I would triple check first to make sure the laptop you want can be upgraded.

Why not just buy a laptop with the SSD already installed?

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Highlighted
Topics: 945
Kudos: 581
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 225

Installation of a new hard drive depends on the appointments and the service requests your local Geek Squad precinct has that day and the whole week. You will be given an estimate of how long it takes. Sometimes they can do it the same day but it's subject to appointment availbility though.

If you have SATA, you can most likely upgrade provided that the drive is a common 2.5" ~ 3.5" enclosure inside your unit. I've not seen an SSD drive that has been larger in size.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***