Add Product

Search Results:

Oldbaldy

Re: Windows 7 Upgrade Program

I'm looking to add a Netbook or Laptop to my aging collection of PCs and Laptops.  And see that W7 upgrade is available for purchases between 6/26 and 1/3, but after reading the forms here, I am hestiant to purchase from BB or anywhere until this mfg ssue is resolved.

My other techy sales question is: Are there any Netbooks w/o DVD drives that can be upgraded to W7?

Was ready to purchase a new Gateway Netbook at MoA store, but they were out of stock and now after my wait, realize maybe I should look into something that can be upgraded.

Thanks for any answers to this retired college IT/electronics instructor. JB

Please use plain text.
KCMarie

I understand what you are saying, Nokia.  However, it remains that Best Buy is advertising the free upgrade deal, not the manufacturer. 

At the stores, it is Best Buy's sales people, Best Buy's pamphlets, and Best Buy's website that promote the free upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Shannon8324

Exactly, If BB chooses not to you this as a selling point, then I would not hold them somewhat responsible. BB is pretty much making a promise to the customer when they say the system comes with the W7 upgrade. Acer never told me the system comes with the upgrade, BB did.
Please use plain text.
JNET

Best Buy advertised the Windows 7 free upgrade and that makes them 100% responsible by law (as a reseller) for following through no matter what the problems are with Dell. Also they don't even have the decency to tell their customers what’s going on.  I called them 3 times and they told me to go the website a print a coupon when the link on the website takes you to the individual manufacturers.  They really need to fix this before it turns into a class action lawsuit.

Please use plain text.
Retired: Community Builder
Matthew-BBY

I can understand all of the frustration surrounding this upgrade and that issue that have surfaced with it. Here is what is going on.

The upgrade is provided by Microsoft to the computer manufactureres. As a retailer Best Buy markets this upgrade to let our customers know that they are eligible for the upgrade. Some manufactureres systems are showing purchase dates that are different than the date the computer was purchased from Best Buy. As for the Dell issue we have spoken to them and they should be assisting customers with getting the upgrade to Windows 7. For any other manufacturer we are working to make sure that there are no future issues regarding this upgrade. I will be posting updates to this issue in my blog. Keep an eye on it for more information.

The Windows 7 Adventure

Thank you all for your patience and know that we are working to get all of these issues addressed. 

Please use plain text.