Add Product

Search Results:

What tablets can you use with autocad

I am looking for a tablet that I can run autocad on
Trusted Contributor

Re: What tablets can you use with autocad

I use AutoCAD at my job.  

Unfortunaly you will probalby not be able to find a table that is robust enought to run AutoCAD other than the Microsoft Surface Pro

Even though the requirements for AutoCAD are not terribly high your tablet archectiture is generally not robust enough to adquatly run AutoCAD.

One of your biggest restriction is AutoCAD requires Windows.  The bulk of tablets on the market run Android.  Apple Tablets run iOS

If you are going to get it to run on a tablet you best bet is going to be a Microsoft Surface Pro, which in essence are more like laptops that can be used like a tablet

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was going to suggest possibly researching those touch screen 2 in 1 Ultrabooks.  Do you think they have enough performance for AutoCAD?

Highlighted
Topics: 911
Kudos: 510
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 203

A pro model of a Microsoft Surface may be able to run it as they are running more advanced technology than some of those low end Windows tablets run on the hardware side. Assuming you get a model with high enough hard drive capacity and that's the only program you are going to run, you should be fine with it.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***