Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Webroot Anti Virus

Some of the comments are true. If you are looking for the best Anti Virus protection. See what agencies both government and private use them with out problems for the most part. None are perfect. I know of customers and people who have had problems, if they let their subscriptions expire.
Topics: 162
Kudos: 177
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Re: Webroot Anti Virus

As a state government employee and also as a former IT contractor for a local government I can say that most of these agencies use either gold or platinum contracts with McAfee as the McAfee enterprise 8.7i is a very good program compared to the counterpart of a home version they have. they also have normally virus removal clauses in the contracts so you know IT people can just call them up and be like remove this for me Smiley Very Happy

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Topics: 162
Kudos: 177
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Ah apologies! I read your statement incorrectly. Normally if you get a six month/year subscription via BestBuy it will just expire after that time period. I wouldn't say the program is bad though. if anything the program is very lightweight.

I talked with a MVP once from Microsoft and he told me flat out and I totally agree with him "if you don't look for trouble chances are you won't get any trouble" and that is quite true and i tell all of my clients this.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.

Geek Squad kept popping up with reminders to renew WebRoot security software that came with the laptop i purchased at Best Buy.  So i got on chat with Web Root directly to inquire about price and version.  After submitting the key code of the program, they directed me to call Best Buy.  I asked why.  They replied they are "contractually obligated" to refer original purchasers from Best Buy back to that vendor.  This means I would have to pay the Best Buy price which might not be the best available price for the product.  This "contractual obligated" business is anti-consumer.  My only choice then is NOT to nenew, but to purchase anti-virus software from Amazon or elsewhere which may or may not be
Web Root.  Hey Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, are you listening?