Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor

Using Insignia For Development

I'm using Insignia to test apps. Eclipse does not seem to recognize it. Under settings -> security , there is the standard "allow installation of apps from unknown sources" checkbox, which of course is checked. What I don't see it the usual developer/debug mode under the apps section of settings, nor do I see the all mock locations options for developers. Can anyone help?

Visitor

Re: Using Insignia For Development

Hello ksecor,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

This has had me stumped for a fwe dayss now.  I'm looking for it because I thought our tablet had this, but like you I'm not able to find it.  I have asked the engineers and I expect a reply in 24 hours.

Regards,
Jeremy
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Did this erer get resolved?

Visitor

Any luck on this? I bought this solely for development and don't mind using Testflight or just emailing the apks to myself, but am curious. It's also not recognized by android studio.

Visitor

Yes... try PDANet+.  I found a thread in the Android development forums.  That assumes you are using an x86 machine to develop.  You run it on the Flex to open the connection.  I'm using a Win 7 machine.  Good luck.

I also had problems with Eclipse.  I've installed IntelliJ.  Haven't done a lot with it.

Highlighted
Visitor

They solved this with the latest release of the software. If you do an update, you can now develop with it.