Add Product

Search Results:

Upgrading laptops graphic card

I have an ASUS Notebook Q503UA and I'm wondering if I'm in the .01% that can upgrade the graphic card.

Not sure if specs are needed but here they are anyway:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Memory: 12GB RAM
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 520

Trusted Contributor

Re: Upgrading laptops graphic card

On Asus's web site they have a support section that lists available upgrades to Asus computers.

Unfortunatly for you the only things that can be upgraded are the RAM and the SSD.

That is not surprising.  The for factor for this laptop is very small and they make the tolerances very tight.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 932
Kudos: 549
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 212

Why would you need to upgrade that chip? It does a very good job running many games if your expectations are reasonable. I can run Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on full detail with 60FPS / 720p on my Aspire R15 with the Intel Core i5 and that graphics chip you mentioned.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Trusted Contributor

Perhaps your best recourse would be to look at a gaming laptop.

There are some pretty good sales for the July 4th week.

Dell, MSI and HP have a pretty good spread of low to mid range gaming laptops from $700 to $1000. 23 total.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I can't run PUBG on high settings. I have to run it on medium or low just to get 60 fps

Trusted Contributor

I had the same issue with my last non gaming machine. 

I was playing World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2.

I had to play them at near rock bottom settings just to play somewhat smoothly.

What finally put me over the top was Guild Wars 2. Things went smoothly enough when I was out solo. But as soon as i would enter a community area or get into a group fight I would go down to about 2 seconds per frame or so.

I purchased a gaming laptop with (at the time) a decent GPU. I was amazed at how much I had been missing out.