Add Product

Search Results:

johndoliber

STOLEN ASUS LAPTOP!!!!

[ Edited ]

I HAD AN ASUS LAPTOP STOLEN FROM ME ABOUT A WEEK AGO,OUT OF THE TRUNK OF MY CAR .I PURSCHASED IT FROM BEST BUY PROBABLY 3 MONTHS AGO FOR ABOUT $750. I KNOW THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY TO TRACK IT IF SOMEONE GETS ONLINE WITH IT I'M JUST NOT SURE HOW OR HOW TO GO ABOUT IT ALL I HAVE IS THE RECIEPT FROM BEST BUY IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME OUT WITH THIS IT WOULD BE GLADLY APRECIATED AND IF I CAN FIND IT I WILL GIVE WHOEVER HELPS ME A $200 DOLLAR REWARD...BECAUSE I AM LIMITED TO COMPUTER ACESS RIGHT NOW EMAIL ME any info on how to find or  links to help me {Removed per Forum Guidelines} thank you,very much

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MichaelHWG

Re: STOLEN ASUS LAPTOP!!!!

Sorry, may I suggest you check your cars insurance policy it may cover the theft
I like things that go beep
Please use plain text.
TheByteKnight

I'm sorry to hear that happened, but unfortunately there isn't a whole lot they can do to track it. The only 2 things they can track it by are really the MAC and serial, and even if those pieces were/are documented, tracking the product is a whole other story.

There is a product (best buy SKU 1262969) that enables LE to get to your laptop if it connects to the internet. This is coded into the BIOS, and is very difficult to get rid of...

Sorry again to hear about that :/

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Even if you are able to track it by it;s MAC address, it is very unlikely that you will get the local law enforcement to do anything about it.  They do not know ig the person using it stold it, found it, purchased it, etc.  They would be very reluctant to go through the procedure of getting a search warrant, an arrest warrant, etc.

In the future, be aware that you should *NEVER* *EVER* leave anything valuable in your car, particularly in the trunk of your car.  Doing so almost guarantees that it will not be there when you get back.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
marekokal

My daughters was stolen a couple weeks ago...I made many calls to asus and also provided them with the police report, only to have them tell me that someone should have told me the first time I called that there was no way to track the laptop or even shut it down. Best buy told me if a had software installed to track it, that would be the only hope of finding it. My only suggestion would be to call local pawn shops, but most likely someone sold it on the street for quick money. Sorry...I feel your pain.
Please use plain text.