Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Retired Guy New Laptop

Greetings,

I am still learning about computers. I am retired as my topic is titled. I use my current laptop for multimedia and research. I would like to invest in top of the line PhotoShop software and a new laptop that can run it with ease. I will be needing a printer also. I have grandchildren so you should understand why I am wanting to buy and learn some PhotoShop skills. I would prefer a large laptop over a desktop because of media use during travel. Can anyone suggest the best 17" laptop, PhotoShop Software, printer, and paper so I can preserve memories and learn some tech skills? Any advice is welcomed. 

Thanks,

George

Trusted Contributor

Re: Retired Guy New Laptop

Sounds like what is happening to you is what happened to my father.  He fell in photography and now takes thousands of pictures a year. 

As far as software goes I would look to either Adobe Photoshop Lightroom or CorelDraw.  Both are outstanding photo editing software.

For a laptop I would suggest looking into a 17" as the larger screen will be more rewarding for photo editing.

I would also suggest getting what Best Buy terms as a Gaming Laptop. Not that you need it for gaming but the Gaming Laptops will be built more for graphics and processing power. Which will help a lot with your photos.

Youl wil also want to make sure it has enough storage space for your photos. It is a trend of laptops to go towards SSD drives, whihc are fast but tend to be smaller.  The one I have linked below has really decent specs all around. 

The one linked below I think would be a good fit. 

HP Omen

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.