Add Product

Search Results:

Question about upgraqding computer ram memory

Hi,

Just a quick question. I was hoping I could get some information from someone a little more knowledgable about laptop Memory. I was wondering what brand is compatible with my laptop. Also how much of an upgrade I should make. I have a

Toshiba Satellite

model: C855D-S5359

With 4gb total memory currently

The second question would be how much memory I should get. How much of a difference would it make between having 8gb total or 16gb total. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Matt,

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about upgraqding computer ram memory

I would  suggest by starting out at 

accessories.toshiba.com

to find out exaclty what memory is good for your laptop.

Best Buy should carry what you need.

If your unconfortable adding memory I would suggest having Geek Squad do it.'''

Right now your computer should be set up with 4 GB of DDR3 1066MHZ RAM. It has two slots and both slots should be full. You can upgrade to a max of 16 GB.  With the cost of todays memory that should be very affordable. 

I would suggest buying 2 x 8 GB DDR3 1066MHZ RAM

Two of these should work for you

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 933
Kudos: 555
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 214

Be careful when upgrading your memory. Some of those Toshiba laptops have very hard memory bays to work with, I have experience with it and two of my friends laptops which was that brand and there was very tight space to work with.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Recognized Member

Also, according to your model number, that unit has an e1 cpu. That is a budget cpu, adding a bunch of ram probably will.not help much in the way of performance.