Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

New Cyberpowerpc not working

I bought myself a brand new cyberpowerpc gaming tower on Monday. I bought this for my online schooling and set it up last night. I was trying to use it this morning and it's telling me windows hadn't been activated. Fine. I go to my settings and try to activate it and it tells me that I don't have a genuine copy of windows and that I need to buy one. I tried troubleshooting it and it said the same thing. I try going online and explorer will not load the pages I'm trying to get to. I'm assuming this probably has to do with windows not being activated. It supposedly came with windows 10. I'm pretty angry that I'm running into this problem when I JUST bought this computer. What can I do to make this work?
Trusted Contributor

Re: New Cyberpowerpc not working

I would call cyberpowerpc tech support. Get your Windows number off the sticker on your computer
Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I was actually able to figure it out. There was a product key on the side of my computer and there was a completely different one in the system. I used that product key and it worked. Windows activated and it seems to run great now.
Trusted Contributor

Makes me think they set up their mirroing incorrectly.  There may be a bunch of other from the same batch that may have this issue as well.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Hopefully not. I just figured I would try it out to see if it worked and it did. Hopefully this helps others.
Topics: 900
Kudos: 506
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 197

In the future, you can avoid this mess by downloading a Windows ISO and clean installing Windows 10 from there. It will pull the information from your last install so you don't have to use a product key.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Yes well, the idea is that the PC comes with it preinstalled and activated, so you shouldn't have to mess with any of that.  I saw this same issue with my new CyberPower PC order recently.  

I found useful info. on CyberPower's forum regarding this issue.

1) Try the Windows Product Key on the side of the machine (mine had a silver sticker I had to scratch off to view the entire product key).  Of course, scratching it off made the first part of my # illegible.... so I proceeded to step 2.

2) Run cmd.exe (Windows key + R), type SLUI 4, and press Enter.  Call the # on the screen and use there automated system.

I was eventually able to get a representative on the line who was able to give me a working Digital License # and then Windows 10 was Activated successfully.  FYI: It took me several times of calling back the 800 # and figuring out what I needed to press to get a live representative.

3) If no success figuring out how to use Microsoft's automated phone system and getting a live representative, either do a Restore of Windows and see if your Activation  Error Code goes away.  OR, imo, contact CyberPower PC regarding this.

Obviously, if you have the money and free time, you can do what hockeycanuckjc said at any point.