Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

NS-P11W7100 - Windows 10 - Can't boot from USB

I picked up the 11.6" flex with windows 10 (updated to 1709).  The idle CPU usage on this is rather troublesome (30-35%) despite turning off nearly all the unnecessary services.  That being said, I don't want windows 10 on this and am trying to load something else; however I cannot get past the USB booting.  I've used PowerISO to create bootable USB images, and I've tried Rufus with numerous attempts at changing BIOS vs. UEFI, FAT32 vs NTFS.  I've tried with and w/o Secure Boot, but it just skips the drive and continues booting into windows.  I've tried burning an image to a DVD, but it doesn't even recognize the DVD drive as a bootable device.  Surely there has to be a way to force this thing to boot to alternative media.

Visitor

Re: NS-P11W7100 - Windows 10 - Can't boot from USB

I found the answer about halfway down this thread. Upon boot, hold the ESC key to bring up the UEFI setup. From there, look under boot options to look for your USB drive and select that to boot.

Haha, if only it was that easy.  Upon selecting the boot device you want, it still just skips over it and boots into Windows.

Thanks, though!

Visitor

Usually when I get that behavior, it could be an error on the USB stick or the stick may not be set up properly. The systems looks for something on the stick to boot from but it finds nothing and goes back to the default which is Windows Boot loader or something like that.

Visitor

I don't have mine in front of me right now but isn't there a bios setting for secure boot, try disabling that
Visitor

This was driving me nuts too. Bootable USB sticks and CDs (in a USB Blu-ray drive connected through an externally powered hub) that my Lenovo laptop boots from just fine do nothing, <i>nothing</i>, whilst connected to the NS-P11W7100. The UEFI menu shows the devices, the Blu-ray drive spins and blinks, a message on the screen flashes too quickly to see, and then the internal 32GB SSD boots, every time.

Visitor

Two questions, what are you trying to boot, and what version?

I ran into this working with Linux distros and they take a bit of tweaking with versions more than 6 months old.
Visitor

Hello, I tried Microsoft tool to create USB windows 10 installer 32 bit and it ask you what system to use. I selected UEFI. Even though it is off on my bios, it booted fine.

I also created a macrium reflect rescue disk using Microsoft PE, and it also booted fine using UEFI.

Visitor

Yeah, the 32bit UEFI bootloader is a bit of an oddball, especially since it has a 64bit processor.

I think Insignia was just too cheap and didn't want to spring the money for a true 64bit boot loader.
Visitor

I used Sleazegate DiscLizard Rescue Media created by the last two versions, DiscWizardSetup-1806030.en.exe and DiscWizardSetup-1806036.en.exe, and WinPE based boot media created by Acronis True Image 18 trial web install. I haven't tried big guns like Parted Magic yet, maybe the next rainy weekend.