Add Product

Search Results:

Macbook 2016 or 2017?

I'm thinking about buying a MacBook. The MacBook 2016 it's cheaper but I saw the they refreshed they processor on the MacBook 2017. I wanted to know is there is much of difference? And if the MacBook gets hot because it has no fans.

Re: Macbook 2016 or 2017?

MacBook 12"
Highlighted
Topics: 159
Kudos: 175
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 32

Re: Macbook 2016 or 2017?

Hi Orianagxmez,

Welcome back to the BestBuy forums! Purchasing a new computer is an exciting adventure and one I encourage all technology enthusiasts to begin at one point or another.

To basically explain what a CPU "refresh" really is I want you to think of it like an "update patch". For example, it could be something with the thermal system, could be something with power consumption, it could be a great many of things that they have "updated" in that particular CPU.

That being said, I personally would stick with the 2016 one all they did was refresh it. The only time I could personally "justify" purchasing a refreshed one was if there was such a drastic update such as making the chip not crash constantly or something.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.