Add Product

Search Results:

Looking for android tablet with keyboard and HDMI output

Any recommendations? For my 7 year old daughter. I bought her the 10.6 insignia with windows 10 but I don't like it. Looking for an android with a keyboard ( she likes the keyboard) or I can buy a Bluetooth separately. But need an hdmi output or the ability to buy an add on cable. Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for android tablet with keyboard and HDMI output

Thats a great thing to do for your child. I have twins and when they were 5 years old I set up my just replaced laptop for them. I made list of words with a picture next to the word of what it was and they would use that list and spell out the word on the computer. Now they are 14 and commonly have to help my wife figure things out.

There are two ways to go about what you want.  

1. Buy an Android Tablet that has Blu-Tooth and is compatible with a keyboard. Then buy a blu-tooth keyboard. This is probably the most common way.

2. Buy a Tablet that comes with a keyboard.  To find them here is a link 

I don't know if the link will work. But to get there manually click on Products > Computers & Tablets >  Tablets > All Tablets.  Now using the filters on the left select Android as the operating system and Keyboard Compatible 

Many of the results will be tablets that already come with a keyboard.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Trusted Contributor

If your looking for a straight up recommendation I would suggest the Amazon Fire Tablet.

I have a Samsung Tab 3 that I got for free with my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone I have been using for almost two years and it works great.

I don't use a keyboard with my tablets but my wife has an iPad with a blu-tooth keyboard and it works very well.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Topics: 156
Kudos: 168
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 31

Hi Thibs welcome to the forums! There are some excellent Android tablets out there on the market. To answer your inquiry I would suggest something like the Samsung Galaxy tab. One of the newer models is something like this which is very nice. Has plenty of speed, space, and will keep your child entertained for a long time.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-2016-10-1-16gb-with-s-pen-black/5623312.p?skuId=562...

Alternatively, if you wanted a little older tablet to help save on the price you could get something like this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-7-8gb-black/4943611.p?skuId=4943611

While not the fastest thing out there it would still be new enough to enjoy watching videos and playing msot games without an issue on the tablet.

As far as keyboards go as these tablets are bluetooth enabled and they also come with a pen so that's useful as well.

I am not 100% sure if bestBuy offers the keyboards designed for the Tab A series though a Samsung representative may be able to assist you with this.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Highlighted
Topics: 156
Kudos: 168
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 31

Shoudl also probably mentioned the S2 and S3 series Galaxy tablets are wonderful as well. I purchased a S3 for a client just recently and they love it as far as i Know.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.