Add Product

Search Results:

Laptop or desktop for Minecraft

Hubby and I would like to buy a laptop that will play Minecraft. Doesn’t have to do anything else or play anything else. Any thoughts as to what we can get specifically? I’m not familiar with all of the specs. Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Laptop or desktop for Minecraft

The requirements for Minecraft are pretty minimal.  So most any computer will suffice.

However, whether or not to get a laptop or tower is completely  a personal decision.

Generally with towers you can get more for your money.  You can more easily upgrade them and you can have much larger monitors.  Well you can plug a larger monitor into a lap top as well.

Personally I use a laptop with a 17" screen.  I like it because I can sit in my easy chair in the living room and use it the way I will.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

I have a laptop I bought 5 yrs ago that it won’t play on. I tried to call my Best Buy but I got lost in the phone system lol. Thanks for your input!
Trusted Contributor

Did it used to work on your laptop?

What I was meaning is any new laptop or desktop should be able to play minecraft

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

No it Hsiang work on it. I was being hopeful lol. I’m not very tech savvy as far as hardware and I thought it should work lol. Thank you for the helpful information!
Highlighted
Topics: 163
Kudos: 178
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 33

Hi jtietsort!

Welcome to the Bestbuy forums! Buying a new laptop/desktop can be very exciting and playing Minecraft on it is only even more exciting (coming from somebody who has played Minecraft for hours in past!)

As it has been somewhat stated before it doesn't take much compared to most computers specs to play the game. Anything of this caliber will at least in some area of effect play decently on a minimal level Note I did a filter for Intel I3 and New

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&_dyncharset=UTF-8&ks=960&sc=Globa...

As far as laptop versus desktop I guess it really depends on where you will be playing? Many people like to take laptops so they can play wherever they want (living room etc)

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.