Add Product

Search Results:

Laptop keeps shutting down unless the power cord is plugged in

I just purchased an Asus VivoBook Max X541SA 15.6" Laptop - Intel Pentium - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Matte IMR and the power will only stay on when it is plugged in . If I unplug it to run on battery, it automatically shuts down.  Is this a typical issue/problem with these laptops?

Please advise.

Jill

Topics: 906
Kudos: 527
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 202

Re: Laptop keeps shutting down unless the power cord is plugged in

Is the battery detachable? Can you de-tach and re-attach and see if it works if possible? If the battery is not removable, see if the manufacturer has a BIOS update available for your system. If not, you can return it for an exchange or refund providing you are within the refund and return policy here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/return-exchange-policy/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800...

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***