Add Product

Search Results:

Bumzrush

Kindle Return

Hi,

I purchased a Kindle Touch a week ago and have recently decided that I do not like it.  I wasn't able to try it in the store so I had no idea what it would be like.  Would I be able to return this to Best buy for a refund or in exchange for a Nook?  I no longer have the box, but do have the kindle and USB cable.  

Thank you for any help!

Please use plain text.
Douglas-BBY
Topics: 30
Kudos: 64
Solutions: 34

Re: Kindle Return

Hello Bumzrush,

I'm sorry that the Kindle Touch isn't working out for you.  We'd be glad to exchange that out for you anytime in the first 14 days -- no box necessary as long as you have all of the other accessories.

Thanks for shopping with us and happy holidays!

Regards,

Douglas|Community Connector | Best Buy® Corporate
Please use plain text.
Bumzrush

Thank you for the reply.  Much apprecited. 

Please use plain text.
da0924

Hi I just received a Kindle Touch for christmas and I would like to exchange it for the Kindle Fire and will pay the difference but I do not have a Gift recipt I have the box and the USB cable, Will I be able to exchange it? Please help me

Please use plain text.
truckerturtle

We have a Kindle Fire longer than 14 days. Today we found out through Amazon that the text to speech feature for such books as Smart Blond, Dolly Parton does not exits on the Kindle Fire. The Mrs. used the text to speech feature on her previous Kindle all the time because she is not able to read in the car and we travel a great deal. She would like to trade the Fire for a model that has the feature she needs. Can this be done after 14 days? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Jimmienomam

If it has been longer than 14 days then policy dictates that they will not be able to take it back or exchange it. Managers can override this policy, but you should not expect them to do this. So if you want you can try to return/exchange it in store.

@da0924 you need a receipt to return any product. Also if you received it for Christmas, most likely it is well outside the holiday return window which ended January 24th. Purchases made after the December 24th have a 14 day return period for electronics such as the Kindles. So in short no you cannot return it per policy unless they bought it within the last 14 days. If they did then you will need a receipt. Again both can be overridden by a manager but DO NOT expect them to. They easily lose a lot of money taking returns outside of return windows.
Please use plain text.