Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Insignia - 10.1" - Tablet - 32GB is their an new kernal update to fix problems with NS-P10A7100?

Model NS-P10A7100

under Android Recovery mode it reads

Insignia/NS-P10A7100/NS-P10A7100

6.0.1/MMB29M/evan06271431

user/release-keys

Reboot system now

Reboot to bootloader
Apply update from ADB
Apply Update from SD card
Wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition
mount /system

view recovery logs

power off

again the only problem with this tablet been the google text to speech patch 4.0 patch by google play thats seems to break english UK voices and other english voices , the only working voice with the update was english US, at this point I think it has to do with the android kernal that was loaded onto it maybe. again I think its software related problem and has nothing to do with the hardware, I did notice their is some problems with this tablet with linksys router and HughesNet internet that has to do with internet games where the connect sometimes breaks from the games during playback of games like for example Card Wars 2 the other day it keep breaking on the connection telling me I had to reconnect the game, it ask if I had an stable connection type message , it seems stable at times it seems slow to download updates, but othertimes it very stable and good connection, but that doesn't have to do with the problem with the google text to speech app, that problem is different I think since its related to the playback of the sound of some of the english voices when I did install the 4.0 patch for it, which I noticed also had an problem with remix os android x86 pc os that on the web it also uses android 6.0.1 with the pc and the google text to speech patch 4.0 also had no sound when it was installed under About

android security patch level

May 1, 2016

Kernel version

evan@evan-desktop #21

Mon Jun 27 15:18:25 CST 2016

if you double click on Kernel version

it launches the System Update

which reads

Please place the update.zip under /sdcard

I don't no if that would help update the tablet maybe, if their is an update.zip download for this model tablet.

if I go to Update

Please press button to check update online.

Perform periodic check for OTA update

its on

and click check update

checking please wait

then it reads check failed! Please check your network!

and an confirm button

clicking confirm just closes the update screen again I think it would be easyer to download an update.zip and appy any fix for google to speech 4.0 update to the related kernel problem which I think it may be related to the kernel version running on this tablet I brought from Best Buy before semptember in the month of Auguest 2016

that above is the kernal version this tablet has that came from best buy and again we did get the 2 year extended warranty

I don't no if these can be used to update the kernal if their an problem with this models kernal that it came with from Best buy, I would also like to note that we did get best buys 2 years warranty  with this model tablet when we brought it before my birthday

I think if their an patch it should be downloable and either apply with these commands or with under

Apply update from ADB

Apply Update from SD card

Visitor

Re: Insignia - 10.1" - Tablet - 32GB is their an new kernal update to fix problems with NS-P10

again the information for this tablet is

model number 

NS-P10A7100

android version

Android security patch level

May 1,2016

kernel version

evan@evan-desktop #21

Build Number

NS-P10A7100 V01.00.00

double clicking on Kernel version bring but the system update screen for update.zip on /sdcard

my request if either an system update or patch level kernel update that could fix the problem with the software called google text to speech related to the 4.0 update for that app, that seems to be broken on kernel level sound I think when its applied if I understand why only the english US voices work when the patch is appied from google play store.

I hope this helps solve my problem if you guys can provide me with an update.zip patch that fix the tablet problems and keep the tablet stable of course since I do use it for playing the new google play store games like Card wars 2 which my old samsung galaxy tablet can't play on that old hardware.

again thanks for any related help you can provide me with, again an update.zip file I think that fixes some problems would help maybe with this tabets software related problems maybe or may not be related to the kernel but I don't have any other sources that I know of that can fix the kernel if thats the problem with google text to speech 4.0 update again I am guessing that the related problem here.

Visitor

Re: Insignia - 10.1" - Tablet - 32GB is their an new kernal update to fix problems with NS-P10

it looks like the updated software for October 10, 2016  has fixed the problem with google text to speech on this hardware but again I am still having an problem where during downloading some google play updates the linksys router connection disconnects then reconnects right away when in download mode for google play also when playing card wars 2 app, the multiplayer or internet connect was disconnecting in game and then reconnecting while playing the game, its happened a few times on one day otherwise the main problem is with downloading updates with google play since when you click on the download all button it seems to happen with this hardware, the sound TTS problem is gone its more now just an problem with keeping the router connection from disconnecting when downloading software updates plus a few times of disconnecting when trying to connect to games like card wars 2 which I am using as an example of the problem related to the breaks to the Linksys router hardware

also their still is no updates for this tablet  under any case, if I read right their is an problem with the wireless drivers for keeping it connected to an linksys router problem since it still was having problems with downloading software without disconnecting and then reconnecting right away. I don't no if its related to their being on system software updates at all its been a few months and I have not seen any updates for this tabet at all, but again the google text to speech app is fixed. just still the hardware has a few other problems not related to google text to speech at all, its related to the wireless connection model software on tablet I think since it does also disconnect while trying to play games like card wars 2 a few times it has happened.

Please place the update.zip under /sdcard

I don't no if that would help update the tablet maybe, if their is an update.zip download for this model tablet.

if I go to Update
Please press button to check update online.
Perform periodic check for OTA update
its on
and click check update
checking please wait
then it reads check failed! Please check your network!
and an confirm button

again the information for this tablet is

model number 
NS-P10A7100

android version

Android security patch level
May 1,2016

kernel version
evan@evan-desktop #21

Build Number
NS-P10A7100 V01.00.00

Visitor

related to this problem why you can't do an system update , update app forced onto it clearly reads the name best buy in the file for these tablet , this model is the same one you too are having an problem with, below is why you cant upgrade from 6.0.1 to 7.1 their is two update apps under system apps in this android , the one that runs has the name best buy in it thats send back the message "Check Failed! Please check your network!"

when you click on System Update its runnning an file called "com.bestbuy.update.UpdateService" under the App name of Update, again one is an blue icon circle with an up arrow in it, this one that crashes , the other update app has the default android app icon which is disabled by the Best Buy System Update software from model number NS-P10A7100 tablet

and their no way to fix it without insignia help, you either have to get them to root all these tablets or wait for them to release an fix for it if that ever happens to update to 7.1 android or 8.1 android, i hope this helps.

Visitor

They have never released an update for these tablets, just creating bricks.  Bought one for my mother and it keeps crashing and according to all the research, they were programmed incorrectly to receive updates...all of them.  The company knows about the problem and has done nothing to fix it.