Add Product

Search Results:

DogKnight

How can I remove Best Buy PC Apps suckware from my new computer?

I bought a new Lenovo laptop from Best Buy. It came pre-loaded with this application from Best Buy called PC Apps. I keep trying to uninstall it but it keeps coming back. It's making me sorry I bought it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Please use plain text.
Neihn
Topics: 40
Kudos: 218
Solutions: 133

Re: How can I remove Best Buy PC Apps suckware from my new computer?

Please use plain text.
DogKnight

I'm aware of that thread thank you. It doesn't really explain the name of the program. See, Best Lie has very craftily hidden the app by naming it something else in the add/remove programs.
I've had it with this garbage popping up on my new laptop, so now I'm going to return it and buy one from their competition instead.
Please use plain text.
tdeluiz

What model do you have? And have you tried doing a FULL SYSTEM RESTORE?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT going to ingratiate/kiss your BEHIND like Mbrguy “Trusted Contributor” (Conveniently a Geek Squad/Agent Brown-noser) will. But HELP you anyway I can just like deusexmachina “Valued Contributor” has regardless of the BBY Forum “Kudos”.
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 593
Kudos: 342
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 130

I had success using Revo Uninstaller Pro (trial) to remove the Best Buy PC App. Might want to kill it through the task manage before performing an advanced uninstall.

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
RealGeorgeW
Topics: 615
Kudos: 528
Solutions: 310

So why do you care how to remove it?

If you like my post, or solution to your issue/question, go ahead and click on the little star by my name and/or accept the post as the Solution. It makes me happy.

I'm NOT an employee of Best Buy, or Geek Squad, though I did work as an Agent for a year 5 years ago. None of my posts are to be taken as the official stance that Best Buy will take on your situation. My advice is just that, advice.
Unfortunately, that's the bad luck of any electronic, there's going to be bad Apples... wait that's a horrible pun.
Please use plain text.
DogKnight

My Lenovo laptop does not come with a restore disk. I have to create a one with a blank dvd.  Since the program was on the computer since it came out of the box, I would have done.

It's all water under the bridge, laptop is boxed up and ready to be returned to Best Buy.

Please use plain text.
DogKnight

It's a blatant piece of advertising which keeps annoyingly popping up. They should give an option to fully remove it. None of the other stores do this . Why does Beast buy do it?

Please use plain text.
DogKnight

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

Please use plain text.
tdeluiz

Best Buy does it just to get more money from people, when we can do it ourselves. By installing garbage software like Trend Micro Titanium and other unnecessary software and charge us NOT $100 but just $99.00 (saving us $1.00, like that makes a difference)

As I more than likely had the same Laptop that you got, including the same package deal for only a penny, just because they were out-of-stock of all the other ones.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+15.6...

Although, I took it back for an even slower processor of an Intel Core i3 (DON’T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!), compared to the Intel Pentium Processor that I pray to God you have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm NOT going to ingratiate/kiss your BEHIND like Mbrguy “Trusted Contributor” (Conveniently a Geek Squad/Agent Brown-noser) will. But HELP you anyway I can just like deusexmachina “Valued Contributor” has regardless of the BBY Forum “Kudos”.
Please use plain text.