Add Product

Search Results:

How can I get Windows on my Samsung series 5 Chromebook without going into delvoper mode?

I just bought a Chromebook but I need Windows. Every website I have checked so far says to put it in delvoper mode and tweak around with it. What should I do?
Topics: 156
Kudos: 168
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 31

Re: How can I get Windows on my Samsung series 5 Chromebook without going into delvoper mode?

While this is probably possible you should keep in mind that without proper research from the start you could easily turn your laptop into a nice leaning chair prop if you aren't careful. BIOS and drivers are very important for any Operating System and so please keep that in mind.

Mind you, I have never done this before...going from a chromebook to a Windows machine however in theory and also from doing a quick Google search it is possible on most chromebooks to do a USB install of Windows 7/8 (not sure about 10)

I do not believe Geek Squad would assist with this either as you would be changing operating system brands entirely. Even though only an administrator/geek squad person could truly verify this. This would probably also void any warranties you have on the laptop.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.
Topics: 883
Kudos: 459
Solutions: 192

Re: How can I get Windows on my Samsung series 5 Chromebook without going into delvoper mode?

Windows 10 is your best bet as it has comprehensive driver support for odd and unknown hardware than any other Microsoft OS combined.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

How do I do a USB install?
Highlighted
Topics: 156
Kudos: 168
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 31

By following relative instructions as stated on the Microsoft forums apologies for my delay I have been busy elsewhere

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=Tr...

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.