Add Product

Search Results:

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Help with Bookmarking on Tablet

I just bought the tablet NS-P11A8100 and am bookmarking a lot of websites.   (1) is there a way to enter them in a folder so they are automatically alphabetized?;  (2)  I adddd one website link to the home screem, not to a book mark.  When I look for the icon, I have to swipe the home screen to the left to see it and when I do that the top row of icons  (Settings; Camera; Play Store; Google) all disappear until I swipe again. What am I doing wrong?

I am a VERY LOW TECH guy!   Thank you. 

Visitor

Re: Help with Bookmarking on Tablet

Larry, I have been using Android and Chrome for many years but but still do not feel like I really understand them.  I actually did quite a bit of searching to try to answer your question since it is something I thought might be useful.  It appears that Chrome for Android used to have a Bookmark Manager, but it was omitted a year or two ago.  As far as I have been able to determine it is no longer possible to alphabetize bookmarks in Chrome for Android.  I mainly use Windows laptops, including an Insignia NS-P10W8100, so most of my bookmards are created in Chrome for Windows where they can be organized alphabetically.  On my Android devices I can use my Windows bookmarks as follows:

Open Chrome

Tap or click the 3 dots in the upper right corner

Tap or click Bookmarks

Under Other Bookmarks I can access my Windows Bookmarks sorted alphabetically

I realize this is not very satisfying, but it seems to be all we have right now until Google decides to return the Bookmark Manager to Chrome for Android.

Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Help with Bookmarking on Tablet

thank you very much for your help