Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Help on notebook upgrade

Hi, My name is Lucas and i just bought the "Acer - Nitro 5 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - 256GB Solid State Drive - Black". I would like to upgrade it to 16GB RAM and buy a 1TB HDD, but i dont know how to choose the correct model for the RAM and HDD. Can someone help me with links to the correct models on bestbuy.com? Thanks in advance!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help on notebook upgrade

Check your user manual to see if you can upgrade components and which models are suitable

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
Kudos: 103
Solutions: 92

[ Edited ]

From what I'm seeing on Newegg, it comes with 2 slots for memory and only 1 is taken up by an 8GB stick of RAM. You need DDR4 2400 8gb like this (removed per forum guidelines)

For the hard drive, you currently have an Solid State Drive (SSD) which is really fast, but storage is somewhat expensive. If you swap this for a standard spinning 1TB hard drive, you'll have a lot of storage space, but your computer will be super slow.

It's really hard to get the specs on these things, but it looks like you have an M.2 port for a hard drive (SSD) and a regular 2.5 inch SATA slot. It seems like you could have 2 hard drives if you wanted to. Leave the SSD for your programs and Windows 10 -- and then use the other drive for storage. You'd want a standard 2.5inch hard drive for the 1TB.

-
All comments and opinions are my own.
Topics: 977
Kudos: 617
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 237

Are the newer SSD computers actually M2 cards now? I would think that SSD cards were enclosures inside cases, but I've just seen to see these small card ports that look like PCI-e slots.
***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***