Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

HP Pavilion a6742p Desktop PC

i have HP Pavilion a6742p Desktop PC Intel Pentium Dual-Core Desktop Processor E5300 

6gb Memory 500gb Hard Drive i have intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 Window Vista Home Prenium 64bit edition 

I current upgrade to window 8 but now it 8.1 home prenium 64bit edition but i will soon have window 10 is there a way to help my compupter out it now very not good i can't watch movie at all i turn on it have loud noise.  do i have to buy new one or buy a new chip add on the computer what is my option.  Is there a place i can trade in my old computer and

where is it.

Topics: 945
Kudos: 581
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 225

Re: HP Pavilion a6742p Desktop PC

You can often get a brand new laptop for under $250 and get near those specs. If all you are doing is watching movies, and browsing the internet, this would be perfect for you:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6-laptop-amd-a6-series-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive-black/5606300.p...

As far as the old computer, it is extremely outdated by todays specs and has no resale value through Best Buy's trade in program. Windows Vista is end of life too and won't receive anymore updates. The store can help you recycle your old computer though.

For more information on how Best Buy can help you recycle your old system, see this link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/recycle-faqs/pcmcat174700050009.c?id=pcmcat174700050009&h=387

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

i want to play game to i am unable to play game

Topics: 945
Kudos: 581
Solutions: 225

You would need a new tower. Upgrading the video card and other components is quite expensive. What is your ideal budget?

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

i can buy frm 300 hundred or 400 hundren only no more higher then that

Topics: 159
Kudos: 175
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 32

To better serve your needs what kind of game (or more specifically what game) are you attempting to play? With a limit of $400 you are really going to be limiting what you can get. You would be stuck with a mid to high CPU/[Processor with a stock HD graphics card or a very low grade gaming computer more than likely that is refurbished or open box if I had to make a guess without looking.

Having an idea of what game you are wanting to play may assist this search more considering the budget restraints.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.