Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

HP Omen Laptop $200 Off

A couple of weeks ago I discovered the HP Omen on Best Buy's website for $200 off. I was very happy to see this because I thought I had finally found a good gaming laptop that I could afford. However, to my disappointment, I did not realize that this was a sale (it didn't specify this on their site or in store) making it unaffordable for me. Will this laptop ever go on a sale like this gain in the near future? Because if it did I would definitely be willing to buy it. (Direct Link to Laptop: https://www.bestbuy.com//site/hp-omen-by-hp-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-...).
Trusted Contributor

Re: HP Omen Laptop $200 Off

Unfortunatly the moderators on this forum will not be able to speculate on future sale prices etc.

I would make a bookmark to the computer and check it every week.

Thats a pretty beefy machine for that price.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thanks, but when you say beefy do you mean that as a good or a bad thing? As in do you think it'd be worth the price if it were $200 off?
Trusted Contributor

Good thing. 

It is not a high end gaming laptop but it has the critical elements.

Despite popular belief in some PC Gamers most PC games are built to utilize 8 gb of ram or less. 

Most of the power use is through the CPU and GPU. 

The 1050 Ti is a good card and has a G3D mark of 5785

G3D is a ranking system used by an organization called Passmark that tests and ranks CPU's, GPU's, RAM, Hard Drives phone OS etc.

I just purchased a new computer that I need to pick up today. I decided to finally get a new gaming laptop because the one I am using is 3.7 years old and I had trouble running Watchdogs at high quality. Then I purchased Assassins Creed Origins when it came out and waited a couple of months to play it. I loaded it up on the 23rd and it turns out my old GPU is not supported. I can still play it but I had to lower all settings to the most basic of basic and it was still choppy.  So I have  a Best Buy credit card for such things. I saved up $450 for my new computer and purchased it a couple days ago and opted for 12 months interest free financing. When the charge goes on my card I will put the $450 on it right away. Now I have 12 months of $85 payments to pay it off. 

My point is I spent more money on a gaming laptop than I wanted to, but I was able to get 3.7 years of use out of it. 

The one you have listed is a pretty good machine.  But it's limitation down the road will be the older 1050 Ti GPU.

Don't get me wrong you will get great game play out of this computer. But if you plan on keeping it stationary you can normally get a lot  more compute for the money on a desktop computer. And you can more easily upgrade them.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

Thank you for the advice! Don't get me wrong, my first choice has always been to buy a desktop. But usually when I play games, I play with my friends. And that most often means I go to one of their houses. For a while I considered building a somewhat "portable" desktop that I could bring to their houses, but with the need of a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power chord that I would have to plug in every time, I decided it would end up becoming too much of a hastle to do this almost every weekend. So as much as I know it wouldn't be the best machine, I think that for what I would use it for, it would be the best option. Thanks again for the advice though, I'll be sure to keep tracking the price on this one.
Trusted Contributor

I was in the store tonight picking my new laptop.  they had Omen your looking at on display. I played around with it for awhile. Really nice looking machine and it seems to be a really good build. 

Highlighted

Awesome! I'll keep my eye out for another sale.