Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Visitor

Connecting tablet with keyboard case

Hello,

I have the NS-15T8LTE tablet and the NS-UN8F2BK keyboard folio for 8" tablets. I've had a lot of trouble getting them to work together, and I'm not sure if it's the tablet, the case, or both.

The bluetooth connection seems shaky. Sometimes the tablet says the keyboard isn't available, even when both are fully charged, the keyboard is on, and the bluetooth button is pushed. 

Also, I keep having to unpair and re-pair the tablet. My understanding was that I would only have to pair them once, and then after that, they would connect automatically. But I paired it for the first time, and it worked, but then when I left the tablet and came back to it later, it wasn't working anymore, even though the tablet was listed under "paired devices" in the settings and everything was turned on, etc. Finally, I just unpaired them so I could pair them up again. 

That was a hassle; it kept telling me that I needed to enter a PIN number, but then it wasn't providing me a number to enter. Finally, after several tries, when the message saying to enter a number popped up, it included the number in the message. So then things were working - until it happened all over again. Keyboard wasn't responding, had to unpair it, and when I tried to pair it again, the message telling me to put in a number popped up without providing me the number I needed.

What is wrong here? Am I doing something wrong, or is something defective with one or both devices? I won't deal with this every time I want to use the tablet. I'm ready to take both of these things back to Best Buy and demand a refund.

Thanks!

Visitor

Re: Connecting tablet with keyboard case

Hello emma-ellway,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

After the devices have been off, when you go to reactivate them, if you just tap the Bluetooth button does that reconnect them?

Also when the connection is being "shaky" are there any heavier duty wireless devices like a cordless phone base, or Wifi Router within 5-10 feet that could be causing interference?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

I bought keyboard case for tablet (ns-un8f2bk).  I tried to pair, I got passcode (all numbers) first time, but I did not write down. Second time, I did not get passcode.  How do I get passcord?

Visitor

Hi Jon,

Thank you for getting back to me. No, just tapping the Bluetooth button does not connect it again, which is one of the problems. It was my understanding that once it was paired, it was supposed to connect again by just turning the Bluetooth on, but that hasn't been the case. The keyboard will appear under "paired devices," but it won't be connected and it won't work.

No, there are not other devices within 10-15 feet that could be causing interference. 

Does this sound like a problem with the tablet, with the keyboard, or both? 

Thanks for your help.

Visitor

Also, I should add that the problem isn't just the connectivity. Sometimes, it appears to connect, but then the message telling me to enter a PIN pops up without providing me the PIN to use. (It says that it's usually 0000 or 1234, but I've tried these both and they don't work.) I called Insignia, and they said there's no PIN that they can give me, that the PIN has to come from the keyboard. What is causing this message to pop up instead of the message that actually gives me the number to type in? 

Honestly, I might be willing to suck it up and just deal with this if it were just a matter of unpairing and re-pairing the keyboard, but it's not. Nine times out of ten, it won't even let me pair the keyboard because it gives me the useless message without the number to enter. If I could just fix that problem, I would be much happier.

Thanks!

Visitor

Hello emma-ellway,

Welcome to Community@ Insignia™!

Try going into your bluetooth settings on the tablet, and delete out the keyboard profile. Once that is done put the keyboard back into pairing mode, search for it with the tablet and see if it will prompt with a new PIN to re-establish the pairing. If so, keep that PIN wrote down in case resetting becomes necessary again in the future.

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon,

Thanks for getting back to me again.

When you say "delete out the keyboard profile," do you mean to unpair it and then re-pair it? Because that's what I've been doing, and it hasn't been working.

Also, when I do get the message that actually gives me the PIN, it's a different number every time. I've written a few of them down, but they don't work when the other message pops up.

It looks like another user has posted a similar problem on this thread, too.

Thanks for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Visitor

Hello emma-ellway,

Thank you for responding!

In playing with the tablet in our product lab, I do see that the unpair is the closest option the tablet offers to that. Have you tried connecting the tablet to any other bluetooth devices, to verify the tablet Bluetooth functionality is still in good order? At this point, with the troubleshooting you have already done, I would suggest having both the tablet and keyboard case reviewed. I show they both have a 1 year manufacturer warranty, do you have the receipt handy to verify they are within the 1 year period?

Regards,
Jon
Insignia™ Support

Visitor

Hi Jon,

Thank you for getting back to me, and for personally experimenting with the tablet. No, I don't have any other Bluetooth devices to connect the tablet to. I do still have a receipt for each item, though. What should I do from here?

Thanks!

Visitor

Got it done.

On pairing, the tablet will display a code and ask that it be keyed in.

The code will change after each unsuccessful attempt and user will have to type in the next one on the keyboard case.

The keyboard will stop sending the Bluetooth frequency after a minute, after that the user has lost his chance to pair until he resets his tablet again, which takes 20 minutes for my Insignia. No new code will be given until then--nada.

The code must be entered on the KEYBOARD case, not the tablet, followed by the ENTER key. It's very straight forward. I wasn't pushing the enter key because I expected the pair to come after keying in the code. That was the WHOLE problem--keying ENTER after typing the code, geese!!!

I paired it to another tablet in the house and it, too, required the code entry.

I'm glad I didn't have to return it it because it's ideal for my tablet. That's why I didn't give up, ha! Smiley Very Happy