Add Product

Search Results:

Chromebook with Android Apps

I need to buy a new laptop in the next few weeks.

Has anyone had hands on experience with the new Chromebooks that can have android apps installed so they can run offline?

Topics: 159
Kudos: 175
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 32

Re: Chromebook with Android Apps

To my knowledge not all apps are available offline but a good many of them are. Were there any specific apps you was looking at in particular?

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.

Thanks.

I live in Argentina, wifi is not availalbe in my wifes office.  

I need the basic apps.... word or doc, xls, skype, facetime, 

I've read that some of the first Chromebooks are slow and have problems so I'm looking for a Chromebook with good reviews.

Jeff

Topics: 946
Kudos: 586
Solutions: 226

Chromebooks have come a long way since the first ones were released (quite a few years ago)

I think HP and Samsung are the top manufacturers of them at this point with Acer possiibly being the low end but more budget friendly.

If you want great performance from something like that, you should find one with 4GB Ram. Even so, you could use Microsoft Office in a web format but if you're looking for the low hard drive capacity consider getting a laptop with a 32gb SSD. The Lenovo Ideapad that is being sold for $169 comes with 1 year of Office Personal from what I saw.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thanks, this is good info for me.

My wife just reminded me that we need Powerpoint too.

Is there any way to see what apps are available?

Topics: 159
Kudos: 175
Ideas: 54
Solutions: 32

To ky knowledge you can download the Microsoft Suite out of the Play Store (it isn't free) but there isn't a major need for the suite as for example with the powerpoint part you mentioned Chromebooks come installed with an app called Google Slides it is actually a quite good program. Many schools are starting to assign Google Slide presentations versus powerpoint.

I may not always know the right answer, but I will always tell you what I do know. I also do free computer analysis and consultation via private message.