Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Chromebook and Printer Question

Greetings,

I use a Samsung Chromebook exclusively for my computing needs. I have decided to buy a printer for occasional use in printing documents and pictures of the grandkids. I know that my Chromebook will not hook up directly to a printer and I am confused about how cloud printing works and what printer I should actually buy. Can someone provide me with some answers and also tell me what I should look for when buying a printer for my minimal needs? I do not want to buy a standard Windows-based operating system just to print. Price is not too large of a concern. I want a fast printer with high quality in photo printing. Scanning and fax capability would also be a great asset. Please pardon my inexperience. Any and all help would be great.

Thanks

Topics: 977
Kudos: 618
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 237

Re: Chromebook and Printer Question

Many HP printers have email addresses that once your printer is connected via Wifi, you simply send your document to print via the special email address associated with the printer and your document or picture is printed.

See more for how it works;

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7225252?hl=en

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 977
Kudos: 618
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 237

Re: Chromebook and Printer Question

So, to make things simple, if a printer you buy can't connect to Wifi, it won't work with Google Chromebook.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***