Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
cmp
Recognized Member
Accepted Solution

Charter cable modem Question

I got  surfboard 8x4 channel that i got from charter but i got 60mbps would a 24 or 32 channel  be better then the   modem i got or should i wait for the docsis 3.1?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Charter cable modem Question

I would wait for the 3.1

60 mps is pretty good getting a  from Charter/Spectrum.  the 8 x 4 should be able to handle over 100 mps

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
cmp
Recognized Member

I didn't know it goes over 100 mbps charter want to upgrade modem If I go to the 100/5 for internet.With the modem I go over 60mbps is this normal?I hope the for docsis 3.1 go down after charter get it?I hear that the charter package are go from 60 mbps to 100 mbps to 5 uploads?

Download 52.56 upload 5.78 that with nighthawk x8 not sure if this fast?
Trusted Contributor

I asked about the next higher tier the other day and the cost was outlandish.

Year ago (2009) I had 30 MBS service from Charter.

I could only get 9 or 10 and my new HD TV was pixelated.

A servic rep told me to get the linebacker option, wait a week and then call.

Bottom line my house was built in 1988 and the cable running from the cabinet on the street to my house was from 1988.

In short. The low quality cable and connectors in my house made for poor service. My neighborhood has fiber running to all the boxe on the street.  They can a new cable to my house.  And disconnected all the splitters in my house.  The more you split a signla the dirtier it gets.  My issues went away.

then about 4 years ago I went up to 60 MBS service. Similar issue. This time they ran the highestest non fiber cable to my house. Rewired from the wall to the TV with one splitter going to the cable modem and the other to my TIVO.

Instantly I was getting 50 MBS and a sharper than ever picture.

Then last fall I purchased a Netgear Nighhawk AC1900 Router and everthing got even faster. 

What I am trying to say is if your not getting the speed you think it could be a lot more than the modem 

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.
cmp
Recognized Member

Will I have the top of the line nighthawk X8 so I know that not the prob.I know it not the cable outside.But I thought I hear that charter is do some upgrade maybe that the prob?I need someone that know who there talking about to that can help.
cmp
Recognized Member

Anyone I try to find out different with cable modem cm600 vs sb6190 for charter?