Add Product

Search Results:

love2u

Can I return my laptop??

I bought my laptop July 4th in store.

I did not open the box and never use it.

However, I saw the policy that computers can return within 14 days..

Is there any way to return although the day was passed... Plz....

Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 585
Kudos: 351
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 128

Re: Can I return my laptop??

Return polices are the rules for a reason. You can attempt to initiate an exchange with a managers permission, but its very unlikely. For more info on Best Buy's return policy, please visit : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/In-Store-Return-Policy/pcmcat204400050028.c?id=pcmcat2044000...

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
CrystalWoW
Topics: 313
Kudos: 222
Solutions: 602

Today would be the 14th day right? Make a run for the nearest Best Buy? Can't remember if they count the day of purchase.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Please use plain text.
hockeycanuckjc
Topics: 585
Kudos: 351
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 128

Hate to burst your bubble Crystal but its the 18th :smileyhappy:

*******DISCLAIMER********

I am not an employee of BBY in any shape or form. All information presented in my replies or postings is my own opinion. It is up to you , the end user to determine the ultimate validity of any information presented on these forums.
Please use plain text.
CrystalWoW

MM hmmmm and if you don't count the 4th, which I can't remember but I don't think they count the day of purchase so 5th 6th 7th 8th and so on, brings us to today being the 14th day.

Crystal
Superuser
Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | What is a Superuser?
*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star to give kudos to show your thanks!*
While I used to be a Best Buy Employee, I no longer have any affiliation with Best Buy.
My opinions do not in any way shape or form represent Best Buy's Official decisions.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Best Buy does count the day of purchase as a full day of warranty.  The OP had until yesterday to return the unit. 

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
CrystalWoW

According to dorothy, that isn't correct: From her other post

As far as the return/exchange question, please allow me to clarify. Your return policy starts on the date you purchase your product. For example, if you make a purchase on 6/10, you would be able to return a unit with a 14 day return policy until 6/24. If you were within a 30 day return policy, you would have until 7/10 to make an exchange. It is always 14 or 30 days from the date of original purchase. Keep in mind, not all months have 30 days, so as a rule use physical days. When you do make an exchange though, your purchase still falls under the original purchase date.

Crystal
Superuser
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Anytime I have returned a product, the day of purchase has counted.  This is an area that causes confusion, as I think some salespeople and managers do not know the policy.  There is a very simple solution to the problem, though...the return my date should be printed on every receipt...and by that, I mean a line below each purchased item giving the date that it can be returned by.

If you find my post useful or informative, please click the icon below with the plus sign and star to give kudos. Thank you!
Please use plain text.
CrystalWoW

The date of purchase counts just not as a whole separate day. From the 4th to the 5th is one day. Count like that and you come up with today being the last day.

Crystal
Superuser
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
NoNoBadDog

Agreed, but as I have stated, when I have returned items to either of the Best Buy stores near me, the day of purchase has always been counted.  So, If I had purchased an item on the same date as the OP, I would be out of luck. Again, I think it is the way that the individual store personnel are counting the 14 days, but since they are the ones that are deciding it, it makes it so...

Please use plain text.