04-05-2010 07:12 AM
ok i feel like a dumb a$$ i set a windows password and forgot it. ok no porblem use rest disk well didnt make one just got the laptop and i thought i backed everything up but nope just some files so when i refpormated to get back in not i lost all the stuff my computer came with oh sorry i have a ASUS k50I so i tied going to ASUS website but i can get drivers ok but i want all the programs back just like stock i dont even care about anything i have saved on it iod be happy if it was just back to the way it was when i brought it home so dose anyone know will best buy do that if i take it in and if they will will it cost an arm and a leg if they wont anyideas thanks i know i feel like such a tard!!!! lol
04-05-2010 01:46 PM
Why did you do all of that? You could have just re-started your PC in safe mode. Then once the desktop came up, you could of just went into User Accounts under the Control Panel and changed or removed the password from there.
04-05-2010 02:46 PM
A password reset is $29.99 and takes minutes.
04-05-2010 03:22 PM
Oh, I misread.
If you've already reformatted/reinstalled Windows, then all your files are gone, history, no more.
04-06-2011 09:06 PM
You can create a Windows password reset disk to reset your password. Follow this 5 easy steps:
1. Enter a computer that can link to Internet. Search "windows password recovery tool 3.0" in Google. Download and install the software on that computer.
2. Run the software and create windows password reset disk by follow the instructions.
3. Eject the created CD/DVD and insert it into the locked computer.
4. Reboot the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your locked computer's BIOS setting to make it boot from CD drive) and then follow the instructions to reset your password.
5. Now login Windows and set a new password.