Add Product

Search Results:

BoBinDE
Accepted Solution

Store charges activation....

Local BestBuy store charging activation but when I click the Bestbuy add online there is no activation.

The local Bestbuy sales help tell me they cannot match Bestbuy online activation pricing.

I do not understand, the BestBuy add I click online is the same in store add?

BTW calling online order help is horrid due to the language barrier.

Questions like temp numbers and 30 day satisfaction guarantee seem to be unheard of.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Miranda

Re: Store charges activation....

BoBinDE -

Welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear about the confusion regarding activation fees, but let me try to help out.

Best Buy, in general, actually does not charge activation fees at all. The carrier themselves (be it AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon or Sprint) do charge activation fees ($35 or $36 depending on the carrier), but they would appear on your first bill from the carrier. The store agents do not have the authority to go in and alter the account to waive these fees

Now, if you opt to ordering the phone online or over the phone with a contract, bear in mind that the orders go through a partner company called Simplexity. They have completely different systems than the stores do. When it comes to the activation fee being waived, the carriers have contracts with Simplexity recognizing that these fees should be waived within certain promotional periods.

Hopefully this helps clarify the issue!

Miranda

BoBinDE

So your in store advertisement is not really BestBuy but a 3rd party unless you purchase said item in the brick and motar BestBuy?

If I have to return phones purchased online;

Can I take them to a brick and motar store or because I purchased the phones from BestBuy online

am I forced to deal with the online same but different BestBuy ?

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Miranda

No, online and over the phone purchases for contract phones with a new line of service or an upgrade is through the partner company Simplexity.

If you have to return a phone purchased through them you would have to contact Simplexity to get an RA number. You cannot return them in the physical stores, as the stores do not have access to Simplexity's programs to pull up your order information.

However, if you go into a store and get the phone with a contract plan (new or upgrade), you can return the phones to any physical Best Buy location.

BoBinDE

Thanks Miranda.

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Miranda

Not a problem at all.

Have a great day!

Miranda

Nokia

To further clarify, the online phone sales you were looking at is like when there's a fast food place in a gas station. You couldn't go to the gas station part and order a burger. That's the best example I could think of.

The two are completely separate companies.

Please use plain text.