Add Product

Search Results:

Jacob-BBY
Topics: 68
Kudos: 52
Blog Posts: 9
Solutions: 113

Phone Freedom $50 Gift Card Offer FAQ (Registration Ended 02/12/2012)

[ Edited ]

Why is Best Buy offering a free gift card?

We're so confident that Best Buy Mobile is a better way that we're giving you a $50 Best Buy gift card just for activating your mobile phone with Best Buy.

Am I locked into anything? What is my commitment?

There is no commitment at all. If you register your existing active mobile phone or landline phone number by 2/12/12, and then activate a mobile phone (with a 2-year agreement) by 12/31/12, you'll receive a $50 Best Buy gift card. If you don't activate a mobile phone, the gift card offer simply goes away at the end of the year.

Where do I sign up?

You sign up online at www.bestbuy.com/phonefreedom by 02/12/12.

How do I know if I have successfully signed up?

You will receive a confirmation e-mail after registering.

Is there a limit to the number of phone numbers I can sign up?

You can register all numbers on your family plan (up to 5). Each phone number may only be registered one time.

Which carriers are eligible for this offer?

AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile mobile phones are eligible for this offer. However, those specific T-Mobile activations that require a deposit (based on credit information) will not qualify.

How will I receive my $50 Best Buy gift card?

In store: You will receive your e-gift card following activation of your new mobile phone during checkout.

Online: You will receive your e-gift card via e-mail within 3 – 5 days after your phone purchase activation with instructions on how to download it.

Gift cards are subject to gift card terms and conditions.

How long do I have to claim my e-gift card delivered via e-mail?

You have 30 days from the date of the e-mail to click on the link in the e-mail to download your gift card, or the gift card will be forfeited.

How do I redeem my gift card?

In store: Redeem in any U.S. Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile retail locations for merchandise or services including Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad. You may use it toward your mobile phone purchase or for future purchases. Please note that if you use your gift card toward your mobile phone purchase and then return the mobile phone, the gift card will be forfeited; however, if you wish to exchange the mobile phone, the gift card will be applied toward the mobile phone purchase.

Online: Redeem at www.bestbuy.com for merchandise or services including Magnolia Home Theater and Geek Squad by entering your card number and security code (PIN) at checkout. You may use it for future purchases only (may not be used toward your mobile phone purchase).

For complete details, see gift card terms and conditions.

When will the gift card expire?

There is no expiration date on your gift card. However, if your gift card is delivered via e-mail, remember that you only have 30 days from the date of the e-mail to click on the link to download your gift card, or the gift card will be forfeited. Please treat the gift card like cash and safeguard it accordingly. For complete details, see gift card terms and conditions

What happens if I return or exchange my mobile phone?

• If you return your mobile phone, for any reason, you will forfeit your $50 gift card.

• If you choose to exchange your mobile phone for another mobile phone, your gift card will remain valid.

For complete details, see offer Terms & Conditions.

To contact Best Buy Mobile customer service, please call 1-877-702-2211.

CHOOSE PHONE FREEDOM BEST BUY GIFT CARD RESERVE OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS

Eligibility: Participation in the Choose Phone Freedom Best Buy Gift Card Reserve offer ("Offer") is open only to persons who have an existing active mobile phone plan or landline phone, 18 or older. Offer valid in the 50 US/DC (excluding Puerto Rico).

To Register: Visit www.bestbuy.com/phonefreedom and follow online instructions to register your e-mail address and the phone number you will be activating with a 2 year plan. Reward Zone program members may register from 12:00:01 a.m. CT on 2/1/12 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 2/12/12. The general public may register from 12:00:01 a.m. CT on 2/5/12 to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 2/12/12. Limit one registration per phone number. You may register up to five phone numbers on your family plan. Valid for AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint mobile phones only. However, T-Mobile activations which require a deposit (based on credit information) will not qualify. Mobile broadband devices are excluded.

To Receive Reminders: You may opt-in to receive monthly Choose Phone Freedom reminders via text message. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Get maximum one message/month. For full Choose Phone Freedom reminder terms & conditions, visit mobile upgrade terms & conditionsFor info, text HELP to 22891. To opt-out, text STOP to 22891. Opt-outs confirmed by one or more texts.

To Qualify for $50 Gift Card: Upon successful registration, you will be eligible to receive a $50 Best Buy gift card when you activate your registered phone number with the purchase of a qualifying postpaid mobile phone with a 2-year agreement by 12/31/12. Valid at Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile stores and atwww.bestbuy.com. Allow up to one business day between registration and purchase for processing. Offer valid for activation of registered phone numbers only (no substitutes permitted). Not valid on prior purchases (including the exchange or return of mobile phones purchased before registration). Qualifying mobile phones, product availability and prices vary by store and by week. Valid on in-stock items only. Mobile broadband devices are excluded. Not transferable. No rainchecks. No responsibility is assumed for technical malfunctions, miscommunications, or errors of any kind.

To Use the $50 Gift Card: Gift cards are subject to gift card terms and conditions. If you purchase your mobile phone in store, a $50 Best Buy gift card will be provided following handset activation during checkout, and may be used toward your mobile phone purchase or for future purchases. If you purchase your mobile phone online, a $50 gift card will be provided via e-mail (to the e-mail address provided during registration) approximately 3 to 5 days after handset activation with instructions on how to download the gift card. Gift cards provided via e-mail may be used for future purchases only (may not be used toward your mobile phone purchase), and must be claimed within 30 days of the date of the e-mail, or they will be forfeited. If you return your mobile phone, for any reason, your gift card will be forfeited; however, if you exchange your mobile phone for another mobile phone, your gift card will remain valid. 

To contact Best Buy Mobile customer service, call 1-877-702-2211.

Jacob|Web Planner | Best Buy® Corporate
Please use plain text.